Do you believe the performance of wind power plants is critical to decarbonize our economies?
Do you believe we can improve the performance of wind power through data and expertise?
Does the idea of building new services and teams excite you?
If so, this opportunity is for you.
DNV GL, one of the world's premiere energy consultancies, is looking for a Wind Operations Leader to work in our Renewables Advisory business. DNV GL provides a wide variety of services to help renewable and energy storage technology developers, users, investors, manufacturers, operators, and regulators better understand the performance of their equipment. We are engineers, scientists, and project managers dedicated to the continued development and success of the renewable energy industry.
The Wind Operations Leader will expand our business of serving wind plant operators in North America. Working closely with DNV GL's engineering and project management teams, along with DNV GL's Green Power Monitor, you will build relationships with customers, leverage DNV GL's unique value proposition to drive innovation, grow the business, and grow and lead a team . This position can be remote from anywhere in the continental USA.
Tasks may include
- Actively engage with customers and other stakeholders to assess and identify new opportunities for growth and prepare go-to market strategies and business plans based on customer feedback.
- Collaborate across teams, departments and globally to obtain expertise and analyze data obtained on operating assets.
- Liaise with key account managers and business development leaders regarding distinctive value and approach, scopes, resource outlook and budgets.
- Manage team's workload to drive high utilization and develop and deliver on commitments to internal and external customers.
- Serve as a member of the management team and provide input to strategy and decision making.
- Manage team performance including recruitment, goal-setting, feedback, coaching and dialogue, and evaluate/assess the performance of individuals. Actively support the competence and career development of employees.
- Develop annual plans and key performance indicators for the team and follow up, ensuring that planned actions are implemented.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field from an accredited four year college or university.
- At least 5 years of experience in the utility-scale wind power industry, 10+ preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of employees, 5+ preferred.
- Experience in a business development role, focused on growing a business preferred
- Business-savvy mindset with bias to action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Have a strong commercial attitude and a strategic mindset, with market knowledge and foresight.
- Strong network and ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Outstanding leadership with the ability to engage teams, collaborate across teams, and lead by way of example.
- Demonstrated achievements in wind power project operations and performance optimization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people - clients, colleagues and direct reports.
- Flexibility and adaptability, as issues and tasks may change quickly.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Health, Safety and Environment and Quality (also known as QHSE)
- Adhere to the DNV GL system for quality management, including liaising with QHSE leadership on developing procedures, instructions, guidelines, and checklists in order to ensure quality of services produced.
- Ensure that personnel are aware of the QHSE procedures and the importance of their contribution to the achievement of quality objectives.
- Identify and implement preventive and corrective actions in response to deviations, observations and nonconformities.
- Follow-up on incidents, hazards and occupational health issues, including implementation of appropriate actions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to:
- Work at a standing or sitting desk for long periods of time; the majority of the work for this position will be performed at a desk in a normal office environment with moderate noise levels.
- Perform repetitive tasks such as typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems.
- Work in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Regular domestic and international travel to client offices and sites, other office locations, and conferences, up to 30% of the time.
- Valid driver license required and acceptable driving record meeting company requirements; ability to rent a vehicle in the U.S and Canada
- Traveling by car, plane and other means over long distances
- Walking on uneven terrain
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!