Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Credit Sales & Trading division of Wells Fargo Securities is seeking a Distressed Credit Analyst with buy- or sell-side experience at an investment firm, trading desk, restructuring advisory or law firm. Individual will perform fundamental credit research including analyzing company financial statements, modeling historical and projected financials, relative value analysis, indenture and credit agreement analysis, and company and industry due diligence. The Distressed Credit Analyst will be responsible individually and working with the team of analysts in evaluating distressed credits, generating trade ideas and supporting senior analysts and the risk management for the traders.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: capital markets, investment banking or industry-specific sector; or a PhD in quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, or engineering obtained by date of hire; or MBA; or 6+ years of former military experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Successfully completed Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in distressed investing, sell/buy side credit analysis or restructuring advisory. A legal background is a plus
- Understanding of leveraged credit markets
- Strong interest and some experience in analyzing distressed debt through restructuring/workout process
- Strong interest in financial markets with knowledge of macroeconomics, business cycle analysis, fixed income and commodity markets
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting and corporate finance with strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- A detail-oriented, ability to handle/prioritize multiple assignments
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, conscientious and proactive with a demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with buy-side clients, traders, and management teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics or related field.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.