Job ID: 2
Location: US-MN-Golden Valley | US-MN-Minneapolis
Category: Central Office - Ecommerce
Type: Full Time
Come, bring your passion for both design and user experience to take the creation of our digital projects from beginning to end.
The Web Customer Experience team at Room & Board is seeking a talented Digital Product Designer to join our seasoned team of web designers, UX/CX architects/designers, front end developers, web production and web merchants who work collaboratively to create an intuitive, seamless and delightful shopping experience for our customers as they create beautiful spaces for their home and work.
As a Digital Product Designer, you'll contribute your talents in the following ways:
- Participate in the full design process, from initial concept to asset delivery.
- Design end-to-end digital experiences through discovery, exploration, configuration, purchase, set-up, service, and support.
- Design delightful customer experiences that share our brand story and enable users to configure, order, fulfill and manage their purchases.
- Develop and document detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces.
- Contribute to and follow our visual language, style guide and design systems to ensure consistency across the brand and product.
- Work with our product team and business partners to identify new features, understand user needs and problems, and then design the solutions to address them.
- Create sketches and user flows, and design mockups and prototypes, to effectively communicate a design solution while adjusting your output to scale to the needs of the project/task.
- Partnering with the web development team to see product designs through build.
The qualities you'll bring as a Digital Product Designer:
- Superb information design skills and an understanding of interface and interaction design principles from mobile to desktop, including responsive.
- Ability to listen to feedback and adjust course based on changing information, new requirements, and input from team members.
- Self-directed in your tasks while being collaborative and communicative in your work and priorities.
- Knowledge of design systems and design libraries (bonus).
- Ability to brainstorm, sketch, wireframe, and prototype product designs.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical partners, translating business needs into executable designs while focusing on a simple, accessible customer experience.
The tools you'll use:
- Adobe Creative Suite - it's essential that you bring working knowledge with this suite.
- XD or Sketch - experience using either of these tools will be considered a plus.
- UXPin or other prototyping application - ideally, you'll bring experience in this area.
- JIRA or other agile tools - ideally, you'll bring experience working in an Agile environment.
The qualifications you'll bring as a Digital Product Designer:
- A college degree in design-related field-or proven and equivalent experience
- 3+ years' experience in web/digital design
- A portfolio that demonstrates your approach to projects and thought process.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to help people understand the rationale behind your ideas.
- Experience working in an agile web environment is preferred.
- Prior retail industry experience will be considered a plus.
Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our differences, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!
Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.