1381 Hwy 17 North Fort Meade Florida 33841
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The water jet operator is an individual contributor position responsible for drilling holes with the water jet machine. The incumbent is responsible for the operation of the waterjet machine. This person will work closely with the cosmetics team.
A Brief Summary of This Position
- Operate and maintain high speed waterjet gantry machine
- Operate 7.5 ton gantry crane and gas powered cart for material handling
- Operate Alltra CNC machine, set cutting heads and work the control console and part program
Important Details about the Role
- Knowledge of the production technology of rotating poles
- Visual assessment of the correct positioning of the holes in relation to the drawings
- Visual control of the quality of the holes being drilled
- Cooperation with the overhead crane operator, and cosmetic team
- Compliance with the general OHS and fire safety instructions and workplace instructions
- Performing all activities at the position with commitment and honesty
- Caring for the safety of other employees
- Performing other business orders from superiors and management
- Daily control of technical condition of devices and tools
- Keeping order at your place of work
- This position reports to Supervisor/Production Manager and has no direct reports
- Must have a high awareness for the safety of other employees and machines used in the production area
- Ability to understand and follow through with direction from management
- Participate in Lean 5S projects, as well as keep immediate production area clean
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions.
- The ability t work (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures with exposure to chemicals and irritating particulates
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process of spun cast concrete poles
- Basic knowledge of the computer
- Current medical examination
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Posses These Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in working in a similar prefabrication plant
- Experience with concrete processes
- Experience with core drilling and CNC equipment operation
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing of whole numbers. Must possess adequate communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with other employees. Must display an aptitude for problem solving and the ability to plan for potential problems or needs.
Job Training Skill Development
The water jet operator must demonstrate a minimum acceptable level of equipment specific knowledge within 6 months of on the job experience.
The water jet operator is responsible for judgement pertaining to quality of the hole drilling and finishing processes in a safe and effective manner. Monitors work for an acceptable level of quality. Independent judgement is required in this position, but the incumbent must also feel comfortable seeking direction from a supervisor.
The water jet operator spends the majority of a shift standing and walking. The incumbent also must be able to occasionally bend at the waist. The incumbent works with the cosmetic team and small tools. The average weight lifted daily is 10 pounds.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .