GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Water Treatment Plant Operator to be based in our Phoenix, AZ office.
As a Water Treatment Plant Operator, you will support a diversity of projects in challenging and unique settings. You will work diligently as an integral member of the GHD team to deliver meaningful information to our clients. You will intermittently interface directly with clients, oversee and direct contractors, be largely responsible for your own work, and become a trusted point of contact for our clients and GHD Project Managers. Duties will evolve with experience and no day will be just like the last
Working with the Environmental Contamination, Assessment and Remediation group this position offers a good variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Operations and maintenance (O&M) at two active Phoenix-area groundwater remediation pump and treatment plants, one of which will be staffed by you approximately 80% of a given week, and a second for 20% of a given week. Includes internal and external inspections, process sampling, monitoring of SCADA systems, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, alarm response, and implementation and oversight of annual maintenance activities
- Ensuring timely delivery of all assigned tasks and providing clear and accurate documentation and effective document management
- Troubleshooting and oversight of remedial equipment including granular activated carbon (GAC) vessels, piping and valve assemblies, groundwater extraction wells, and SCADA systems
- Supporting groundwater sampling and monitoring, environmental compliance documentation, contractor oversight, environmental data collection, report/specifications production, and general regulatory standard interpretations
What you will bring to the team:
- Minimum Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) Grade 1 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification
- Minimum 10 years of experience, 5 years specifically in remediation and O&M
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical diagnostic skills and aptitude
- Ability to work independently effectively and efficiently to ensure equipment is operating within normal limits
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for discrete periods of time, ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds, and ability to work outdoors part-time throughout the year as needed
- Experience with general construction and field safety protocols and equipment
- Ability to analyze field readings, data and operating parameters to optimize system operations
- Must have an Arizona driver's license and a clean driving record
The following credentials and experience will qualify the applicant for special consideration:
- ADEQ Grade 2 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification
- Hazardous Waste Manifest/DOT Certification
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation Products SCADA software
Our commitment to you Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Why GHD? Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
About GHD As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.