Water Conveyance Market Leader (ID# 49343) San Francisco, CA
Category: Engineering - Water
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 15+
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Be involved in projects with our Northern California Water Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Water Conveyance Market Leader for our San Francisco or Sacramento office.
Drives growth in the Northern California region through engagement with new and existing clients, position WSP to win new work and a greater market share. Candidate should have an existing network of relationships that can be leveraged to market WSP and position to win new projects as well as the techincal capabilities to execute existing work. Candidate should have knowledge of other organizations that could be appropriate for strategic partnering opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the growth, innovation, project delivery and client success for WSP's water/wastewater business in Northern California.
- Dynamically manage and build a team of technical practitioners and "seller-doers".
- Develop new client relationships and enhance existing ones, win new work.
- Deliver projects of the highest quality for our clients.
- Focuses on innovation and enhancing health & safety, quality and sustainable standards.
- Develops local growth, forecast and business development strategy in collaboration with Region Business Line Leaders and National Business Lines.
- Collaborate with regional, district leaders and other local business delivery leaders to strategically drive the business, manage project performance, oversee overhead expenditures, and meet operational financial metrics.
- Attracts the best industry talent by fostering a work environment that is collaborative, values inclusion and diversity and invites broad, creative thinking - crafting a more attractive place to work, grow and thrive.
- Brings an expanded view and integrated response to complex challenges by leveraging our full suite of offerings across all end markets.
- Utilizes our extended reach across regions, districts, offices and the globe to foster new and innovative client delivery.
- Deploys our unique expertise and perspective to create new value for clients and provides civic and industry leadership within the local area.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, with a focus in Water Resources or closely related discipline.
- 15+ years of relevant post education experience in water resources engineering.
- Min 5 years professional working relations with water agencies, and other public entities in the San Francisco/Northern California Region
- Min 5 years' experience in the engineering consulting business
- PE license preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with water/wastewater treatment engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, standard of care, and the application to environmental permitting and project work-related issues.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant environmental laws, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements, and the business impact upon the organization.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Master's Degree
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively "WSP USA") is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
One Penn Plaza
250 W. 34th Street
New York, NY 10019