Web Services Manager
1162-NN - Manager
Web Services Manager
Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Web Services Manager reports to the Communications Director and is
responsible for assisting in the development and execution of marketing &
communications plans through the development and oversight of webpages, mobile applications, marketing email, and related channels. The manager exercises judgment and has decision-making authority of their functions, to support established web goals and performance targets. In addition to their own work, the manager plans, organizes and assigns work to staff web developers and web coordinators. Furthermore, the manager oversees all functions of Web Service Center.
The Web Services Manager is a critical member of the College of Agricultural Human & Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS) leadership team and advises the director on initiatives and policies that further the communications goals of the college. They serve as the primary liaison with clients (CAHNRS and Extension departments, units, and users) by scoping client needs and articulating them to the Web development team. They coordinate closely with the other functional managers and the production coordinator to ensure work is performed efficiently and effectively. The manager oversees the operations of the department in the absence of the Director.
A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in a field related to the functional managerial area which has included at least one (1) year of supervisory experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- A Bachelor's degree in communications, advertising, information technology management, or a related field.
- Additional 4 years of professional experience, or a combination of work experience and education totaling eight years.
- Must have, or able to obtain, a valid driver's license by time of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, using a variety of formats, including: writing, presenting, and using contemporary communication tools such as social media and webinars.
- Experience using analytical tools, performing content audits, structuring content, and developing content to maximize website performance.
- Experience working in a content management system and developing content for online dissemination.
- Familiarity with usability assessment tools/procedures and UX design principles.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Advanced degree or continued education/certifications in (a) related field(s).
- Experience in higher education.
- Familiarity or work with agricultural, natural resource, and related disciplines.
- Experience with PHP development.
- Proficient in current web accessibility requirements, standards, and procedures.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience.
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 91964
Area/College: College of Agricultural Human & Natural Resource Sciences
Department Name: CAHNRS Communications
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by September 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Applicants are required to include a hyperlink to a portfolio of web content samples within their resume. Applicants are also required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
2) Cover letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-; TDD Callers: 1-, (f), or https://.
To apply, visit
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.