Are you looking for a career where you are empowered to be extraordinary? Do you want the opportunity to be part of a company where employees treat one another like family and do right by their customers every day? Well, youve come to the right place. At Pella, care is not a just a word its a legacy. We exist to improve the living experience of our customers and enrich the lives of our team members.
Care is what sparks Pella Passion. Its our mission to be the desired window and door brand by delivering a reliable, responsive and uniquely memorable experience that exceeds our customers expectations. If youre as customer focused as we are, are passionate about selling a product you can confidently put your name on, and if youre looking for a career, not just another job, this is the place for you.
The Warehouse Team at Pella Northland is focused on delighting customers who have ordered Pella products by ensuring the timely receipt and delivery of their brand new windows and doors. Our team ensures that all products are received and delivered in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner while maintaining a positive customer-focused attitude!
Heres what winning looks like in this role:
- Facilitates daily start-up meetings to efficiently distribute the days workload.
- Directs work and operates as a team member on 3rd shift (3PM - 12:30 AM, M-F) to complete daily loading and shipping operations.
- Communicates staffing concerns and potential overtime to supervisor or manager.
- Communicates personnel related issues to supervisor or manager.
- Sets the tone by active involvement and support of safety initiatives and provides input in making the warehouse a safer place to work.
- Orientates new hires to the Pella Way: integrity, positive attitude, customer experience, solutions provider and continuous improvement in the warehouse.
- Communicates any repair and maintenance needs for facility and equipment to supervisor or manager.
- Reads load lists, routing, production schedule, customer, or shipping instructions in order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Evaluates shipping metrics and provides recommendations to gain efficiency and effectiveness or warehouse.
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifies load lists, and moves materials and items to storage, production, service, office or other designated areas. Reconciles and closes loads. Brings variances to Supervisor or Manager.
- Sorts and places warehouse materials or items on racks, shelves, pallets, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as location, order number, size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Notifies manager or coworkers of shortages, discrepancies or anticipated needs.
- Conducts Pella product quality audits in accordance with the quality inspection process.
- Performs cycle counts to verify accuracy of inventory information. Maintains inventory records.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to verify order information, such as expected receipt date, product type, color, or quantity.
- Drives/Operate material handling equipment (i.e. cherry picker, forklift, wheeled carts, etc.) upon certification.
- Prepares parcels for mailing or third party delivery service.
- Works in a way that prevents damage to product.
- Routes daily deliveries
- Meets company safety requirements by keeping work area neat and clean, following safety precautions and wearing required safety apparel (i.e. shoes, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.)
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department.
Skills needed to win:
- Dependable work history
- Ability and preference to work 3rd shift (3:00 PM - 12:30 AM, M-F)
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Lead experience highly preferred
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs
- Forklift Experience highly preferred
- Customer Focused
- Positive Energy & Team Work Mentality
- Flexible and comfortable with frequent change
- Desire to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Results Orientated, Goal Driven & Self Motivated
- Knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable but not required
And by the way, we're not stuffy or corporate around here. Here are some of the perks and benefits at Pella Northland:
- Competitive Pay
- Generous PTO (added in lump sum on your start date and on the 1st of every year!)
- Eligible for a variety of Bonuses including Profitability based bonus!
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for internal Promotions and Transfers
- Contagiously positive company culture!
- Quarterly recognition for going above and beyond
- Work for a widely recognized company with a great reputation!
Does all of this sound good to you? Make your next move! Apply now.
Pella Northland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other factor prohibited by law. you will be asked to produce proof that you have a legal right to work in the United States if you are hired.
Employment at Pella Northland is "At Will", meaning that if you accept a job offer that Pella extends to you, both you and Pella will be able to terminate the relationship for any or no reason. This application is not a contract.
Powered by JazzHR