The Vice President of Operations is responsible for oversight and Profit & Loss results for the company's revenue generating construction divisions and administration. This includes, but is not limited to, the planning, development and direction of key personnel and activities of the operational teams to ensure the successful execution of construction projects throughout the Southern California region. As a direct report to the President and CEO, the Vice President of Operations actively communicates up and down the organizational chain about observed risks and opportunities that keep the business aligned with core values, project goals, and customer/contract requirements. Also assigned to building and maintaining professional relationships with employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and subcontractors based on mutual respect, trust and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess and perform with an executive level knowledge and understanding of the financial, accounting, and operational functions of the organization, and support the CEO and executive management team in achieving the organization's vision, goals, and objectives.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Dynalectric (Los Angeles, CA) CEO, operating independently, effectively, and within the timelines of agreed upon initiatives.
- Oversight and responsibility of company operations including strategy, structure, processes, and performance.
- Direct, develop, recruit, and coordinate Division leaders, Project Executives, Project Managers and support staff.
- Review and negotiation of project contracts and documentation.
- Monitor performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Actively participate in monthly WIP meetings to evaluate project progress and CTC (Cost-To-Complete) analysis.
- Reviews and evaluates all operational financial statements (job cost, cash flow, etc.)
- Maintain and develop customer and client relationships
- Coordinate support to operations throughout all business lines.
- Provide regular performance updates to the CEO/CFO.
- Review weekly bid opportunities for risk assessment and maximizing of opportunities.
- Practice and promote COMPANY and Dynalectric (Los Angeles, CA)'s Code of Ethics, "Leading with Character" in conducting business - both internally and externally.
- Interface with local unions and NECA as necessary.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities, letters contracts, leases, and other legal documents.
- Establish short-term and long-term plants for business development and planning.
- Ensure compliance with the Safety Program and provide for safe working environments for our people.
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to CEO or COMPANY leadership with recommendation for resolution.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction or related areas of study; and/or Minimum of 20 years progressive experience in managing and leading of both small and large-scale construction projects. Experience must include:
- Direct Profit & Loss responsibilities for operational revenue exceeding $100M;
- Proven track record of effectively growing operations while maintaining a commitment to Ethics, Safety, and effective employee/union relations
- A results-driven team leader with an understanding of industry leading management practices
- Demonstrated executive-level project and budget management skills with large, complex electrical construction projects.
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
- Analytical problem-solving skills with an impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement
- Executive level written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, general and subcontractors, and suppliers.