VP of Engineering- TechLink Solutions
TechLink's mission is to provide frictionless technology infrastructure installations "as a service" for a growing list of Fortune 1000 companies. The Company leverages a robust, nation-wide network of 5,000 best-in-class Field Service Technicians combined with a team of exceptional in-house project managers to oversee national installation projects at scale.
TechLink Solutions is a division of TechLink Services and is a custom software and mobile app development team that delivers high-performing, scalable solutions for medium to large enterprise customers. The team leverages industry best practices to deliver innovative solutions to address unique challenges, uncover invaluable insights, identify risks and scale with our clients as they grow.
Summary of Position
The VP of Engineering is responsible for leading the TechLink Solutions engineering team, driving new technology research, and mentoring team members. Work as a part of the engineering team to develop modern, innovative solutions for internal and external clients. We are seeking Individuals who work well in a collaborative environment, possess a meticulous attention to detail and time management skills. Excellent communication skills are required. Ability to manage multiple employees and provide guidance to deep technical issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with clients to understand technical needs and determine appropriate solutions.
- Manage all aspects of the SDLC. Architect robust cloud-based solutions for clients.
- Integral member of the leadership team and helps define the technological direction.
- Lead, direct, and mentor a team the software engineers. Provide technical guidance and encourage professional development opportunities.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure timelines and expectations are met.
- Collaborate with engineering team members to provide accurate estimates to project management and/or sales team.
- Drive technology evaluation and selection operations for existing
- Establish ongoing best practices conversations resulting in implementation of industry and company-defined best practices.
- Assist team members in maintaining established product documentation.
- Lead product development and delve into development efforts as needed.
- Architect and manage robust cloud-based solutions.
Professional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred plus 10 years of total relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Technical Leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to architect complex cloud-based solutions
- Demonstrated ability deploying and managing serverless applications, managing cloud-based infrastructure and development of CI/CD workflows.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of APIs (RESTful and SOAP)
- Experience using Agile methodologies in a team environment
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising engineering team.
- Experience developing and promoting collaborative high-performing team environments.
- Additional preferred experiences with ML/AI, IoT industry, Python or R and/or Certified AWS Solutions Architect or Developer
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive base salary and at-plan total compensation package
- Generous PTO plan and paid holidays
- Company subsidised health care plans, dental, vision, life insurance and FSAs
- Company sponsored 401k plan and match
Location: Asheville, NC or Bend, OR or Remote position eligible.
TechLink is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. At TechLink, we value diversity. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state and local law.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.- provided by Dice