As the Vice President of Business Development for Company, you'll be a part of our Business Development team collaborating on identifying opportunities to define our future and create a lasting legacy through the development of robust relationships. You'll be expected to work closely with the customer to fully understand their requirements and then translate them to ensure we are positioned to offer next generation products and technologies to meet their needs. This is an exciting opportunity where you'll interface with key stakeholders within the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Military Sealift Command, Maritime Administration and any public or private shipbuilding companies.
At Company, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We're at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Building and maintaining an unparalleled customer understanding within the US Navy, US Coast Guard and Shipbuilding industry
- Cultivating strong relationships, reputation and perception of Company Defense and its ability to deliver quality, reliable, and affordable power and propulsion equipment
- Succinctly and capably translating Company technical capabilities, product offerings and market opportunities for applications aligned to Military and Defense Strategies and Chief of Naval Operations Design 2.0 priorities
- Leveraging an unprecedented customer understanding to provide U.S. Navy organizational and operational context to ensure campaign activities are positioned to provide proposals that meet customer requirements with unmatched value throughout the ships expected service life
- Supporting Program Managers with business capture activities that secure follow-on business and identify additional growth opportunities within existing contracts
- Engaging Company senior leaders with counterparts within the US Navy, Coast Guard and Ship Builders to influence strategic decisions and investments in order to best position the business for future growth
Company is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
- A Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of Defense Naval and/or Government Relations experience OR;
- A Master's degree with 6+ years of Defense Naval and/or Government Relations experience OR;
- A JD/PhD with 3+ years of Defense Naval and/or Government Relations experience OR;
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Prior US Navy Senior level Officer experience at the rank of Commander or higher
- Experience winning and executing tactical Navy programs and contracts for a US DoD prime contractor and/or US Defense systems integrator
- Knowledge of Foreign Military Sales procurement process
- Extensive experience creating and presenting executive presentations, reports, briefings, and/or proposals to senior level Stakeholders