The Vice President, Business Development - Land, is part of the Company Defense Business Development team. In this position you will report to the Senior Vice President, Business Development Land and Sea. You will work as part of the team that identifies opportunities to define our future and create a lasting legacy. Through the development of robust relationships, you will be expected to become intimate with customer requirements and translate them to ensure Rolls-Royce is positioned to offer next generation products and technologies to meet customer needs. You will possess the ability to interface at various levels within the Department of Defense (DoD) with primary focus on the United States Army.
At Company, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We are a market leader at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Defense sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems. We are a leading provider of power and propulsion products across a range of military markets. We stand at the forefront of cutting edge technological developments of power generation and power management products to serve the needs of our military customers both today and in the future.
- Drive future growth for Rolls-Royce North America through deliberate Business Development of Land based assets
- Build and maintain an unparalleled customer understanding within the US Military for land based operations.
- Support customer understanding and requirements associated to air based operations and applications.
- Cultivate strong relationships, reputation and perception of Rolls-Royce Defense and its ability to deliver quality, reliable, and affordable products covering a range of applications.
- Succinctly and capably translate Rolls-Royce technical capabilities, product offerings and market opportunities for applications aligned to Military and Defense Strategies and priorities.
- Leverage an unprecedented customer understanding to provide customer organizational and operational context to ensure campaign activities are positioned to provide proposals that meet customer requirements with unmatched value throughout the ships expected service life.
- Support program managers with business capture activities that secure follow-on business and identify additional growth opportunities within existing contracts.
- Engage Rolls-Royce senior leaders with counterparts within the US Army to influence strategic decisions and investments in order to best position the business for future growth.
Company is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
- Bachelors' Degree with 8+ years of Defense Naval and/or Government Relations experience OR
- Masters' degree with 6+ years of Defense Naval and/or Government Relations experience OR
- JD/PhD with 3+ years of Defense Naval and/or Government Relations experience OR
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain US DoD Security clearance
- Excellent understanding of the U.S. Army, its technologies, products and processes
- Existing relationships with future requirements offices across DoD services
- Demonstrated appetite to work with diverse cultures, and possess the aptitude to lead a multi-disciplinary campaign/effort
- Prior U.S. Army Officer level experience
- Experience winning and executing tactical programs and contracts for a US DoD prime contractor and/or US Defense systems integrator
- Security clearance
- Extensive experience creating and presenting executive presentations, reports, briefings, and/or proposals to senior level Stakeholders