The VP of Studio Production is the senior leader of Swing Set Productions and a key partner to Innocean. Working with other functional leads, the VP is responsible for the smooth and profitable execution of all production, post-production and creative projects for Swing Set. This role will be responsible for the overall PNL in conjunction with Finance, vital in establishing new capabilities and revenue streams for the post- production division, such as 3D/CG/Digital Studios, as well as helm a potential new build-out of Live Action Production capabilities.
KEY AREAS OF OVERSIGHT:
- The VP/Managing Director is responsible for overseeing the needs for all clients of Swing Set Productions. As such, the VP will oversee related personnel with respect to staffing and assigning of projects according to discipline and scope.
- As VP, they will build/fine-tune the production capabilities of Swing Set, including the integration of all production management systems within Xytech/MediaPulse inclusive of reporting, hiring, and the management of production staff.
- Knowledge of industry agreements, trends, technological growth areas are expected. Thorough and in-depth understanding of production and post-production budgets and workflow is critical. Knowledge of SAG rules and regulations is a must. Well-respected leadership ability and vendor relationships within the advertising production community is essential. Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills are also necessary.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the overall sales and marketing of Swing Set Productions. From cultivating and establishing new clients outside of Innocean to maintaining relationships within. The MD will oversee the implementation of the Swing Set website and supplemental marketing tools, and engage appropriate sales representatives. Inclusive of the new business agenda is to establish a client service/concierge experience for our clients.
- Work with Swing Set's internal resources to create and/or approve production schedules and budgets. Design and supervise the staffing of productions.
- Act as primary point of contact with Finance team to build business plans, adjust projections, and accurately manage budgets.
- Liaise with departmental leads to brainstorm, create, and engineer the highest level of production across multiple disciplines.
- Oversee productions to ensure that productions are on schedule and on budget, and staffing is adjusted to meet demand.
- Work with Finance, HMA procurement and cost consultants on preferred rates for production.
- Identify, and troubleshoot potential problem areas on a pro-active basis.
- Supervise key production players across departments to ensure timely delivery aligns to specifications. Identify best practices for Studio operations while making sure we are compliant with all applicable regulations and privacy needs of our clients.
- Establish a business plan for growth areas/capabilities that will drive Swing Set to be a serious production provider in the market.
- 15+ years of experience in production management across various platforms including Post/Editorial, 3D/CG, Digital, and Live Action Production.
- Relevant experience in creating business plans and working closely with a finance department.
- International experience a plus.
- Relevant production team management experience.
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Construction and architectural project management experience a plus.
- Ability to be a hands-on producer as required.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently create budgets and schedules.
- Ability to manage/supervise multiple projects within budget and ensure related timeline completion.
- In-depth knowledge of production and post-production process.
- Experience with production management and tracking software tools. Experience in generating production reports and schedules.
- Cost reporting expertise along with the ability to estimate completion costs. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.