About the Business
KeyBank is committed to growing their National Affordable Housing Platform through their Community Development Lending & Investment group ("CDLI"). CDLI's mission is to help clients and communities thrive. CDLI provides capital solutions for affordable housing and community development projects in urban and rural communities. As one of the nation's premier affordable housing capital providers, CDLI offers one-stop-shop debt and equity/investment capabilities that bring together balance sheet, equity/investment and permanent loan offerings. Non-profit and for-profit affordable housing owner-operators and developers seeking to build, acquire and preserve affordable housing can leverage CDLI's broad, fully integrated platform, including solutions such as: construction; acquisition; bridge-to-re-syndication and preservation loans; lines of credit; various permanent loan executions including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/HUD and bonds; and equity investments for low-income housing projects, especially Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) financing. With a national presence and an experienced team of more than 50 professionals serving clients coast to coast, CDLI delivers deep product and solution expertise to help local affordable housing and economic development projects succeed.
About the Job
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Fund Manager who is assertive, possesses a strong initiative and works well independently to drive innovative and complex fund management with a primary focus on the affordable housing tax credit syndication industry. She or he will be responsible for structuring, managing, modeling, reporting, and providing management accounting for all types of a limited partnership's tax credit investments and related entities. Developing and monitoring Fund Management processes and procedures; be actively involved in negotiating fund agreements; arranging bridge financing. The Fund Manager will own all aspects of Fund Management and will liaise with other departments within the bank as Fund Management representative. The Fund Manager will be expected to meet with current and prospective investors and work with leadership to analyze and develop new business opportunities. Actively participate in Industry conferences/workshops.
Essential Job Functions
- Structure and close tax advantaged equity funds, including but not limited to Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) funds, historic tax credit equity, state tax credit equity and preservation.
- Create and update financial models that will support the assessment and valuation of potential acquisitions and investment targets.
- Create and implement new policies, procedures and controls to mitigate errors.
- Review and negotiate equity fund partnership agreements, PPM's and legal documents and participate in the onboarding of new clients.
- Work collaboratively to assemble funds that meet investors' needs
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of fund reporting to investors.
- Develop, prepare, reconcile, and modify recurring and ad-hoc schedules for fund management reporting. Documentation includes but is not limited to data needed for external and internal reporting including board reporting, and internal and external audit activities.
- Manage and integrate data from a variety of sources into cohesive and comprehensive presentations and reports.
- Translates complex analytical data into presentations that can be understood and acted upon by stakeholders.
- Analyze new business opportunities to determine appropriate pricing and associated resourcing needs.
- Coordinating year-end fund audit with client and independent auditors
- Responsible for tracking capital calls and preparation of funding on these capital calls.
- Tax Credit Syndication experience is required
- Proficient in excel spreadsheets is highly desired
- Strong creativity, organizational, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Preference of 5 years work experience at a tax credit syndication firm
- Understanding investment fund concepts including; realized and unrealized waterfall allocations; capital calls, distributions, investor transfers, subsequent closes
- Bachelor's degree required in finance, business, accounting or equivalent work experience, CFA a plus
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.