Responsible for providing direction on the engineering and technical aspects of network engineering. Drives change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results. Creates business strategy to focus on strengths, competitive advantage and differentiation. Incorporates broad knowledge to address complex, unusual and critical issues. Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results. Recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities. Demonstrates leadership versatility.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Establishes a vision and shared strategy for the Network Engineering team(s).
- Works with and supports various organizations within the Regions to include Regional Construction, Technical Operations and Network Maintenance, as well as the Finance team(s)
- Provides strategy and execution support for all things related to Capacity management to include node level customer experience, transport and network capacity supporting both residential and commercial networks
- Owns the engineering operations and execution for both the access network layer and the core transport layer
- Manages the CPE team that supports product introduction, implementation, customer experience and technical support for the Division
- Manages the Video and CRAN teams that support next generation architecture implementation and operations support for legacy and next generation platforms and networks.
- Builds relationships with the XOC and provides a tiered support structure for escalations related to engineering disciplines and works to support best practices and set metrics alongside the XOC and various subgroups within the XOC and reliability teams.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business, department, and team goals. Works closely with division and region staff to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and monitoring new build and commercial opportunities.
- Works with commercial lead to develop and execute overall strategies that will support both residential and commercial initiatives.
- Provides a sustaining engineering role for networking technologies.
- Builds relationships with Operations, Engineering and Operations, National Engineering and Corporate Business development groups.
- Works with staff to recruit and retain top engineering talent.
- Provides support and direction on testing and turn-up of new products.
- Provides support for all product launches over the network.
- Provides direction on architectures.
- Reviews network construction and upgrades.
- Evaluates new techniques and approves technical expenditures.
- Develops strategies to improve customer perception.
- Assures Regional compliance with Company policy and procedures.
- Provides support and direction for the maintenance of high level networks.
- Provides guidance around maintenance programs to support all products on the systems.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position will reside in Denver,Co.
Education Level: - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: - Engineering, Computer Science
Years Experience: - Generally requires 15+ years related experience