The Vice President of Operations is responsible for leading, directing and overseeing the operational capabilities and output of all 21 Metal Sales production facilities ensuring OSHA compliance, a continuous improvement culture, and a Service First mindset. This position directs 3 Regional VPs and drives world class manufacturing methodologies. The VP of Ops works to serve each Metal Sales branch and support them as they strive for operational excellence.
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is the nation's largest manufacturer of metal roofing and building systems with 21 manufacturing locations across America. The VP of Operations is based out of our Louisville, KY corporate office and reports to the President and CEO of Metal Sales.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You'll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Overseeing the company's day to day manufacturing operations.
- Defining and implementing operations strategy, structure, and processes.
- Managing the annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities.
- Monitoring performance to proactively identify efficiency, service, quality issues and developing and implementing solutions.
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Implementing lean thinking and results orientation deep into the plant culture.
- Leading and driving a service and quality first mentality throughout the organization.
- Hiring top operational leadership talent.
- Ensuring plant logistics network is effective and efficient in order to provide superior service to our customers.
- Planning and achieving annual cost savings through continuous improvement projects.
- Assisting plants with all tasks related to CEA (Capital Expenditure Appropriation), equipment procurement and status. Performing tooling/equipment vendor reviews.
The most qualified candidates will have:
- At least 7 years of progressive multi-site operational leadership experience within the manufacturing industry
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Industrial/Mechanical Engineering required, Master's Degree preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and proven successful implementation of lean manufacturing principles and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of operations professionals at various levels within an organization, effective working relationships with Executive management
- Strong vendor management and contract negotiation skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, conduct and direct research into Operations issues and projects, and take strategic initiative to be a valuable partner to the business
- Sound project management skills, organizational and time management skills, analytical and evaluative skills along with excellent problem solving abilities
- Polished leadership skills to successfully perform planning, directing, executing, reporting, and administrative responsibilities
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Executive level leadership position
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package - effective on your first day
- Wellness program
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V