Logistics done differently.
You've built an impressive career, and now you're looking for the next logical step. When you join XPO Logistics, you'll have the resources to build a future you can be proud of. As the Vice President of Operations, you will be responsible for maintaining high standards for all activities within the assigned facilities. You'll ensure that the quality management system processes and procedures are implemented and maintained. As a part of the XPO team, the fastest-growing company in the Fortune 500, you'll have a starring role in helping us continue to provide extraordinary freight solutions for our global customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Implement and maintain operational processes and procedures
- Report on performance metrics and initiate improvements as needed
- Establish and meet site objectives in the areas of financial performance, safety, quality and customer service in compliance with all applicable internal and external policies
- Provide accurate and timely submission of key quality, financial and safety reports
- Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively; take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy; consult with HR as appropriate
- Coordinate site activities through planning with departmental directors, managers and supervisors to ensure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 10 years of progressive experience in supply chain management (in a supply chain or distribution environment)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and warehouse management systems (WMS)
It'd be great if you also have:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience in an omnichannel retail environment
- Availability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Experience in an ISO environment
- Demonstrated planning, project management and analytical skills; able to partner and communicate with all levels of an organization from hourly associates to senior management, as well as with customer contacts
- Strong problem-solving techniques
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.