TITLE: Vice President, Broker II (Guy Carpenter & Company LLC - Miami, FL)
- Review risk analyses from Junior Brokers.
- Develop and present innovative solutions and approaches for client needs and complex risk situations.
- Respond to queries and concerns, revolving issues promptly to ensure client satisfaction.
- Oversee production of documents and follow-up on policy documentation.
- Assist with identifying and pursuing potential opportunities to win new clients and projects.
- Handle multiple assignments and assist senior-level Brokers in serving larger or more complex clients.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with insurers, reinsurers, clients, and colleagues to provide complex solutions to clients.
- Advise on complex risks and negotiate transactions for clients.
- Leverage broad knowledge of coverage lines, markets and other specialized products to improve client service.
- Check contract documents and bond forms, as well as banking terms and conditions.
- Liaise with client on terms and conditions of General Agreement of Indemnity required to be executed by clients to support all surety transactions.
- Identify financial statements for all industries with specific knowledge of each industries unique financial metrics.
- Develop innovative solutions, respond to client queries, oversee account management, and provide assistance with pursuing opportunities.
- Responsible for risk management and insurance program design.
- Leverage knowledge in insurance market conditions and Latin American reinsurance market.
- Utilize advantage point, Metarisk, GainsafteR, and FAClab.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Actuarial Science, or related field of study plus two (2) years of experience in the job offered or as a Reinsurance Broker, Assistant Vice President, Broker I or a related position.
- Must have two (2) years of experience with: risk management and insurance program design; insurance market conditions; Latin American reinsurance market; Advantage point; Metarisk; GainsafteR; and FAClab. 15% national and international travel required to various and unanticipated company and client sites.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.