Vice President / Associate, Sustainable Product Strategist
U.S. iShares Sustainable Investing Product Distribution, BlackRock
BlackRock is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider globally with $2.6 trillion in assets under management in its iShares line of ETFs and approximately 35% share of the global ETF market.
With more than a decade of ETF innovation and expertise, iShares is a trusted leader in the ETF industry. We serve investors of all sizes, including advisors, personal investors, wealth managers, banks, asset managers, pensions, and insurers. The platform offers clients a comprehensive range of products that provide precise, transparent and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets.
Role and responsibilities
iShares currently has a range of Sustainable Investing ETFs in the U.S., with approximately $40 billion in assets under management. The Sustainable Investing platform includes broad ESG, Sustainable Thematic and Impact ETFs. The Sustainable Product Strategist will be responsible for helping to build and transform the way investors understand, analyze and implement Sustainable funds within their portfolios. This role will help drive the education and investment insights to significantly expand our distribution efforts, continuing to position us as the clear market leader and a strong partner to our clients.
This role reports to a Senior Product Strategist and will work closely with the BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI) team as well as partners across Marketing, Product Innovation/Engineering, Product/Portfolio Consulting, U.S. Wealth Advisory, Institutional and the overall ETF business. Key responsibilities include:
- Fund Positioning and Competitive analysis
- Maintain performance data, ESG metrics and analysis for funds across the platform provided to team and distribution partners
- Draft the positioning of our funds by running regular attribution, performance and competitive analysis that will be used in client and media engagements
- Maintain a broad vision of the Sustainable investing landscape in order to identify trends and new opportunities
- Partner with Senior Product Strategists and partners to contribute to and coordinate compelling investment insights in papers, presentations and implementation guides
- Help with the ongoing maintenance and regular updates to client content and weekly internal content
- Partner with internal teams to produce tools and other resources to enable broader education and integration of ESG metrics within iShares
- Provide data and analytics support to Senior Product Strategists and act as point person for sales inquiries
- Closely collaborate with our client facing teams and distribution partners to deliver key narratives, product knowledge and technical expertise on our funds and competitors with clients
- Monitor fund changes and opportunities for fund enhancement by working with stakeholders and product partners
- Coordinate inquiries and ongoing engagement with index provider partners
This is a dynamic role in the fast-growing ETF category, with the opportunity to help catalyze sustainable investing and define how investors of all types can implement across portfolios.
Qualifications and experience
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in product strategy, interfacing with clients through 1-1 engagements and group presentations, and ESG analysis/research
- BA/BS required; Series 7, 63 preferred
- Strategic and analytical thinker with excellent written and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to articulate and communicate complex concepts into simple terms
- Strong commercial market awareness, client acumen, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a 'student of the markets' mentality
- Ability to build relationships within the firm, and to coordinate thoughtfully across investment teams, sales, and product teams
- Demonstrated track record of driving results and working collaboratively through difficult problems in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, FactSet and ESG data providers/research a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
"Inclusion and diversity are important at BlackRock, and we want people from all different backgrounds-geographic, educational, cultural. We want to avoid a narrow-minded, herd mentality, especially in investments."
As a people-centric business, our long-term sustainability depends on our employees and culture. We have more than 16,000 employees in 35+ different countries who speak over 80 languages. We also serve millions of clients from different cultures around the world. We believe a wide range of perspectives and talent is crucial to creating a richer culture for our employees and a better experience for our clients.How we typically hire experienced professionals
As a global investment manager and fiduciary to our clients, our purpose at BlackRock is to help everyone experience financial well-being. Since 1999, we've been a leading provider of financial technology, and our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement , and the pay transparency policy .
BlackRock is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.