Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman Electrician located in Midland, MI.
- Provides maintenance in acquired trade to plant operations.
- Plans the details and working procedures by determining replacement needs or new materials are required, and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of working trade.
- Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machines and hand tools common to the trade.
- Advises and cautions operators, tradesmen and supervisors about potential problems, recurring failures, and inherent dangers involved.
- Takes corrective action to eliminate or reduce safety impact of potential issues identified.
- May oversee apprentices.
- Be able to give directions and assistance when needed.
- Works with plant engineering and project engineers on evaluating, assisting, checking, and installation of various equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner. Safety is a top priority at Dow. Every individual at Dow is expected to make safety a priority.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication, reading, listening, and comprehension skills.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- A self-starter who is self-motivated and can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Utilize functional, technical knowledge, company standards and educational background or experience to analyze and solve problems.
- Effectively work and maintain relationships with the Natural Work Teams and key stakeholders with diverse perspectives and background is essential including Engineers, Operations personnel, and co-workers to identify and resolve technical issues
- Must hold either a State of Michigan Journeyman Electrician License or a Master Electrician License
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Overtime is required as necessary to perform the necessary repairs to keep our Plant Partners operating. After-hours call-ins are a part of this role.
- Must have a current, valid US driver's license to drive a company vehicle for parts and other activity on-site.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
The physical abilities, with or without reasonable accommodations, include being able to:
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
- Perform frequent bending, reaching, and heavy lifting, climb stairs/ladders and working at heights as well as standing or walking for extended periods of time
- Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. To qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less with or without accommodations
- Procedure use - this includes field use, review, revise, and development of procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- We do not offer relocation assistance for Dow jobs like this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
- Please allow 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete an assessment at the time of application. This will need to be completed at once, as it cannot be saved and continued later. An assessment is required for each position.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that Spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit or on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on .
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press..