The Vendor Manager (VM) has the overall delivery responsibility to the company for the execution schedule, quality, profitability and client satisfaction of work performed by our subcontractor base. VM will manage the Vendor relationships in territory assigned ensuring on time repairs, negotiated rate, and quote assessment. The incumbent is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely execution of repairs, and improving our target margins. The incumbent will be efficient in effective planning, coordination, negotiations and on time execution of work. He or she will verify all work is within SLA, budget and attains or exceeds project profit goals, while promoting and enhancing vendor relationships.
Our Exceptional Benefits Plan Includes:
- Supportive & Friendly Culture
- Manage national accounts for Fortune 500 companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Wellness Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Career Growth Opportunities and Career Mapping
- Additional perks including Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance Program (Non-Union employees), and Various employee discount offerings from our Vendors
Summary: Stratus is one of the nation's largest brand implementation companies. We are made up of 700+ employees nationwide who roll up their sleeves, dive into the details and bring our clients' brands to life! We deliver versatile solutions for some of the nation's largest and most recognized brands. From signage to site refresh & remodel, from energy & lighting to repair & maintenance solutions, we deliver ideal solutions to meet all our client's branding needs.
- Dispatch all subcontracted repairs for OCM /PM (break/fix). This includes finding the right resources in assigned territory, negotiating best rates and response time, components required and issuing PO's to execute the scope of work and history validated by the Maintenance Team.
- Daily follow up with all vendors in assigned territory, ensuring on time response/schedule, quote response and approval. Communicate with technicians in the field, ensure work performed matches the SOW and problem solve to ensure progression of order repairs and completion. This includes updating date field and notes in the order to keep SM dashboard up to date.
- Expand and maintain territory coverage to increase options for dispatch and decrease travel times to remote areas. Onboard new vendors, discuss capabilities with current vendors and manage COI to increase vendor pool. Responsible for updating vendor profiles with capabilities, rates and resources.
- Build Vendor relationship, rate vendor performance, print scorecard (quarterly) and where action required, email to vendor with action plans for improvement of response time, rates, emergency response, communication, etc. Top 5 vendor scorecard should be acknowledged positively.
- Verify work performed matches invoice received, along with meeting full documentation and close out requirements, negotiate final billing from vendor, approve and process invoices (upload in document file for order).
- Problem Solving - Drive completion of each order in your assigned territory ensuring the urgency of repair and escalation of open issues. Problem solving is a major factor of this position, along with ensuring the right resources are aligned to execute requirements.
- Ensure maximum communication with SM on their accounts, frequently and honestly.
- Daily order updates
- Daily communication with Vendors and technicians in assigned territory on open orders
- Negotiating SLA's, rates, and quoted projects
- Problem Solving:
- Be a source of knowledge and problem solving for service management teams on job site questions/issues for sign maintenance, repair and lighting projects.
- Organizing resources in assigned territory to ensure a primary vendor, secondary vendor, etc. to ensure we meet both SLA's and Margin goals
- Ensure Vendors are provided the inventory prior to response to improve repair on first visit (if provided, second trip should not be paid)
Year 1 Goals:
- Meet/Exceed Customer SLA's
- Reduce number of trips required to troubleshoot and get the right resource on site on first trip
- 2% above target margin
- Build relationships with Vendors for maximum benefit of company
- Build database of Vendors and back up vendors by territory
- Negotiate and establish Vendor pricing and update capabilities in ERP
- Execute projects on time and on budget
- 1-2 years progressive multi-site project management experience preferably with a large sign/maintenance company or in the construction industry operating on a regional or national level.
- Prior experience directing multi-site projects working with subcontractors/vendors.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Exceptional social/interpersonal skills
- Travel is less than 5%, but may need to hold regional vendor meeting of expectations or negotiate a preferred rate/response in person.
- Must be in the office Mon-Fri between 8AM and 5PM, as well as answer calls or emails before and after typical work hours and on weekends (expectation is 45-50 hour weeks)
- This is not a "work from home" position, requires collaboration with Service Managers and management to troubleshoot and execute repairs