Location: York, PA
Date Posted: 09/30/21
Due to continued growth, Liberty Excavators needs more qualified crews in the utility and excavation departments.
Liberty Excavators is a reputable site development contractor in the central Pa area with over 40 years of serving our customers. Our employees have a high level of job satisfaction because we care about them. We are team oriented and promote winning attitudes. There are many opportunities for growth, advancement and earnings. We will train you to do more and earn more if you have the desire. We offer attractive compensation packages and a health care benefit that doesn't eat up your paycheck.
If you would like to know more about Liberty Excavators please come in and visit us. We would like to hear from you. Contact: Liberty Excavators, Inc., Human Resources, 4402 Gettysburg Rd. Camp Hill PA 17011 PH: Ext 123
General Construction Laborer
Why Liberty Excavators vs. the rest?
- Premium wages/earning potential - Top pay among others in the Construction Industry
- Increased earnings potential through generous OT opportunities
- Excellent Per Diem package offered for travel
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for employee and family
- Industry leading Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit with rollover option
- Top 401k program with highest employer match
- No cost life insurance benefit granted to employee
- Added hourly compensation for Scraper and Grader Operators
Other Excellent Factors
- Award winning safety environment to ensure employee protection
- Local Work (90% of Liberty's work is within a 2-hour radius of Camp Hill, PA)
- Active Military/Veteran friendly workplace - We appreciate and thank all who serve
- Plenty of career advancement opportunities
- Employee development programs - tiered levels to keep advancing upwards
- Stable company with over 40 years of success in the area
- Top quality equipment and technology
- Being a part of building parks, housing, commercial centers, hospitals, retail centers, and sports complexes.
- Employee Appreciation Committee - recognizing the value and contributions of Liberty Excavators' employees to the company mission of success.
Previous construction or related laborer experience is preferred. Perform tasks involving physical labor at heavy construction projects, to include site excavation and utility installation, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set supports for excavations, install various types of pipe for utilities, clean up rubble and debris. May assist other craft workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily inspection of job site to insure a safe working environment and various crews are prepared to being work.
- Conduct tests and inspection of products and services to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints to how the finished project will look.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Communicate with clients and vendors regarding project updates and other necessary information.
- Responsible for the accounting of job site expenditures and providing accounting with backup documentation.
- Analyzes job site production levels and financial data on a daily basis.
- Operate various pieces of heavy equipment as needed to maintain productivity.
- Work with Project Manager on plan reviews, design and key contract terms and materials needed to complete project.
- Coordinate with transportation department and General Superintendent on equipment needs.
- Plow snow and salt roads according to departmental policy.
- Provide recommendations to improve job site performance, saving money and time.
- Perform daily "toolbox talks" regarding job site safety or other site related matter.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, various heavy equipment.
- Erect and disassemble shoring, braces, traffic barricades, and other temporary structures.
Install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying and laser guidance equipment.
- Load, unload, and identify materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Maintain accurate attendance, manpower needs and site related activities using laptop computer and software.
- Develop and train field laborers and operators to encourage them to better, grow, and understand their responsibilities.
- Complete field rating system as needed.
- Provide annual review of equipment operators and laborers.
- Provide weekly inventory of jobsite turn in fuel logs for site.
- Provide a two week look ahead to Project Manager, Superintendent and General Superintendent.
- Monthly turn in vehicle condition report.
Supervisory Responsibilities Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include field testing, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Do you have a friend looking for work? Send them to Liberty Excavators Inc! Visit to see our other job openings!! Don't wait- apply today!! Call and speak with us today at for more info! Like us on Facebook!
Liberty Excavators is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial job site experience and knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in site excavation and utility work.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively and quickly communicate with Project Management, crew and client.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to function in a supervisory role in the absence of the superintendent.
- Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions.
- Ability to make independent judgments which have considerable impacts on the organization.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Working Conditions: Noise level is generally loud. Variety of weather conditions ranging from hot/humid to cold/wet conditions.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of this company to assure that all applicants considered for employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color or national origin, such consideration shall include: employment upgrading, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.