At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax - EY EDGE - Indirect Tax - Unclaimed Property Services - Staff
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you'll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We'll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you'll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future - all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you'll have the opportunity to combine your technical knowledge and industry understanding to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for our clients. You'll help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors and costs, and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly for our clients.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. It's here that you'll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise and experience related to compliance, audit defense and consulting for abandoned and unclaimed property. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, career advancement and feedback.
Your key responsibilities
You'll likely spend much of your time supporting client consultations and challenging the unclaimed property and escheat approach for optimal effectiveness. We'll look to you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources. To make that happen, we'll look to you to implement your knowledge of unclaimed property concepts and requirements. You can expect to be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
• Contributing to client satisfaction by providing timely and responsive services and work products
• Staying informed of current technical developments and effectively apply knowledge to client situations
• Thoroughly and accurately analyze information; prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's unclaimed property situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
• Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex unclaimed property concepts.
• Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals
What we look for
• You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We're looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
• You are curious and purpose driven. We're looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
• You are inclusive. We're looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A predicted undergraduate degree in Accounting; graduate degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred or an advanced degree in tax or law
- Ability to obtain CPA certification, Member of the US Bar or professional designation from the IPT
- Broad exposure to state and local taxation
- Excellent organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Technical experience related to compliance, audit defence and consulting for abandoned and unclaimed property services
- Performance and process advisory experience related to unclaimed property compliance
What's in it for you
• Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
• Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds - both professionally and culturally.
• Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
• Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society - building a better working world, together.
• A competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
• Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
• In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
• Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way. Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs. Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.