Specialty Insurance Group
Everest is a leading global provider of reinsurance and insurance, operating for close to 50 years through subsidiaries in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, Canada, Bermuda and other territories.
Everest Insurance markets property, casualty, specialty and other lines of admitted and non-admitted direct insurance on behalf of Everest Re Group, Ltd., and its affiliated companies. Drawing upon impressive global resources and financial strength, Everest has the ability to tailor each policy to meet the individual needs of our customers. Our vast portfolio of products, coupled with a full array of claims and loss control services, gives us the depth to manage virtually any kind of risk. Our commitment is to be timely in our response, creative in our offering and diligent in our effort to achieve mutual success with our business partners.
Why Join Us
Everest is a dynamic global reinsurance and P&C insurance organization, ranked within the top ten P&C insurers in the world. Highly diversified, Everest delivers innovative solutions to clients helping them achieve their goals and manage their risks while providing a stable portfolio for our shareholders. We can attribute much of our success for functioning more like a small company, in a disciplined environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Combining the financial stability usually associated with large organizations with the creativity and flexibility of smaller ones, Everest creates the ideal blend.
Our strength is in our people
Working in a flat organization requires everyone to contribute meaningfully. Everest offers a fast-paced, collaborative work environment in a culture that empowers, challenges and stimulates employees to thrive and achieve their potential with ample opportunity for growth.
EverSports & Entertainment Insurance of Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. is looking for an Underwriting Assistant to join our Carmel, IN office.
The Underwriting Assistant will coordinate with Underwriting and Operations to perform rating, policy issuance, and policy servicing related duties. You will be assigned market segments, independently rate specific lines of business as may be assigned by Underwriting and issue policies using forms designated by the Underwriters. You will work with agents and brokers servicing accounts that are bound including issuance of binders, invoices, endorsements and certificates of insurance after those requests have been approved and cleared by Underwriters.
Essential Job Functions and Scope (includes but is not limited to):
- Coordinate with Underwriters in rating any lines of business and using appropriate rates either through company rating system or manual rating
- Assist Underwriters or Underwriting Assistants to perform submission entry and preparation
- Process binders and invoices through the EverSports & Entertainment Insurance Agency Management System (ConceptOne) according to Underwriter's instructions
- Issue policies that have been quoted and bound using approved forms
- Service policies by issuing endorsements designated by Underwriters using approved forms
- Achieve EverSports & Entertainment Insurance servicing goals as established by Everest and EverSports & Entertainment Insurance Senior Management
- Ensure that all materials required for file documentation are included in the document retention system and work with the file Underwriter should the file have documentation shortcomings
- Develop and maintain proficiency in Everest policy issue and rating system as well as for all other non-Everest markets
- Provide accurate data input as part of rating and policy issuance and servicing responsibilities
- Stay current on relevant policy forms that are utilized in EverSports & Entertainment Insurance areas of specialization
- Coordinate with UA's in rating assigned lines of business or transactions and use appropriate rates either through company rating system or manual rating
- Work toward gaining proficiency in Everest policy issue and rating system as well as for all other non-Everest markets
- Participate in EverSports & Entertainment Insurance training program to maintain understanding of EverSports & Entertainment Insurance underwriting programs
- Work on special projects for Underwriting and Operations as assigned
- In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, Risk Management/Insurance major is a plus
- A minimum of 1 year of administrative or service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of commercial property & casualty insurance policies, terminology and processing procedures
- Knowledge and proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite software applications
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including phone skills with the ability to work collaboratively with various levels within the organization
- Experience in ODEN, Policy Decisions or Concept One systems a plus
- Developing Subject Matter Expertise
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication
- Results Oriented Ability to champion the Everest Insurance Culture:
As an effective team member, employees at Everest Insurance must champion the Everest Insurance Culture:
- Collaboration: Open and transparent communication with customers and colleagues
- Thoughtful Assumption of Risk: Supporting the Everest goal of carefully writing profitable business by ensuring data quality, prompt and accurate feedback to Underwriters, and operational control throughout the enterprise.
- Execution: Delivering outstanding support to the organization through strong day-to-day business operations, effective project management, and careful oversight of vendors.
- Humility: Caring and respectful approach to service colleagues, customers, and the community.
- Leadership: By example, every day.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-.