At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Underwriter IV within PNC's Agency Finance organization, you will be based in Calabasas, CA.
- Works independently with little or no oversight. Exercises exception and elevated approval authority. Prepares offerings for all types of transactions at any level of complexity or in management of a portfolio as assigned. Interacts with internal/external customers. Provides recommendations for credit structuring. Serves as subject matter expert for certain asset classes. Serves as a coach, work lead and trainer for the group.
- Using independent judgment to identify risks and mitigants, prepares offerings and/or scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties. If relevant, performs ongoing credit risk management for assigned portfolio. Coaches and/or reviews the work of other underwriters and fills in for manager as required.
- Contacts internal/external customers and other parties as appropriate to gather information and to clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May perform relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
- Identifies and/or confirms all external regulatory requirements. Ensures internal policies/procedures are followed.
- Makes recommendations on credit decisions or makes credit decisions directly, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of IRS Code Section 42 and 47, equity structures and documentation, market research (including onsite inspections and market comp analysis), and 3rd party or external guidelines.
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Coaching Others Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Credit Analysis and Verification Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Knowledge of Underwriting Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Managing Multiple Priorities Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Market Research Knowledge of and ability to use tools and techniques for collecting, collating and analyzing information on existing or potential markets in order to meet market needs.
Real Estate Development Knowledge of real estate development; ability to manage different aspects of the real estate development function, including business development, methods of real estate, and operational processes.
Real Estate Practice Knowledge of specializations, tools, practices and regulations within the real estate industry; ability to operate a real estate enterprise to achieve business success.
Real Estate Property Data Analysis Knowledge of and ability to utilize diverse data analysis processes, techniques and tools in order to analyze, interpret and manage property related data.
Real Estate Sales Closings and Agreements Knowledge of the processes, techniques and requirements for formal decision-making; ability to reach an agreement on and close transactions for real properties.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-###-#### and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
Associated topics: underwriter