At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Underwriter II within PNC's Real Estate Banking organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Philadelphia, PA or Washington DC.
- Works under limited supervision or independently. Using independent judgment to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties and also may have limited approval and/or exception authority. Prepares offerings for specific transactions or in management of a portfolio as assigned and interacts with internal/external customers. May provide recommendations for credit structuring.
- Using independent judgment to identify risks and mitigants, prepares and effectively recommends loan offerings based on scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties. If relevant, performs ongoing credit risk management for assigned portfolio.
- Contacts internal/external customers and other parties as appropriate to gather information and clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May include relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
- Performs or assists with the identification and/or confirmation of all external regulatory requirements. Ensures internal policies and procedures are followed.
- Makes recommendations on credit decisions or makes credit decisions directly as appropriate.
- Knowledge of IRS Code Section 42 and 47, equity structures and documentation, market research (including onsite inspections and market comp analysis), and 3rd party or external guidelines.
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Credit Analysis and Verification Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Knowledge of Underwriting Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Managing Multiple Priorities Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Market Research Knowledge of and ability to use tools and techniques for collecting, collating and analyzing information on existing or potential markets in order to meet market needs.
Real Estate Development Knowledge of real estate development; ability to manage different aspects of the real estate development function, including business development, methods of real estate, and operational processes.
Real Estate Practice Knowledge of specializations, tools, practices and regulations within the real estate industry; ability to operate a real estate enterprise to achieve business success.
Real Estate Property Data Analysis Knowledge of and ability to utilize diverse data analysis processes, techniques and tools in order to analyze, interpret and manage property related data.
Real Estate Sales Closings and Agreements Knowledge of the processes, techniques and requirements for formal decision-making; ability to reach an agreement on and close transactions for real properties.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-###-#### and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
Associated topics: underwriter