Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our Summer Internship Program! As an intern at Kite, you'll have the unique opportunity to learn about cell therapy from some of the brightest minds in biotech while making a meaningful impact. We're committed to developing early talent, and we welcome motivated individuals with a passion for transforming the way cancer is treated. The program also offers the opportunity for networking within Kite and Gilead, social events with fellow interns and Kite leadership as well as career development trainings while providing competitive compensation and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
This unique opportunity at Kite's T-Cell Factory 5 allows for engagement in a wide variety of GMP and documentation activities. To support this recently operational facility, you will be engaged in trouble-shooting and support for ongoing milestones, such as Engineering Runs and Process Verification. You will also help strategize equipment procurement for other capital projects, such as process efficiencies and capacity expansion.
Through this internship, you will gain detailed knowledge of both Kite's unique manufacturing process as well as cGMP practices, all while applying this new knowledge to contribute to the ramp up of a new manufacturing center.
You will develop specialized skills in aseptic processing and cell therapy manufacturing process validation and testing while supporting cGMP protocol ranging from batch records, SOPs, FAT/SATs, and IQ/OQ/PQ. You will become familiar with a range of manufacturing and quality control equipment applicable to all steps of the manufacturing, testing, and release process.
You will strengthen transferrable skills such as user documentation writing and reviewing and gain a working knowledge of qualification and validation required in a cGMP facility setting. You will also gain experience with CMMS systems, equipment records, and maintenance/calibration plans.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support of a fully automated cell therapy green field manufacturing facility
- Developing and maintaining equipment records, spare parts lists, maintenance and calibration plans for GMP equipment
- Write and review user documentation (batch records, SOPs, protocols & reports for FATs, SATs, IQ/OQ/PQ testing, comparability, aseptic process and cell therapy manufacturing process validation testing)
- Plan and develop procurement strategy for ongoing capital projects
- Confirm and catalogue architectural drawings associated with facility build and equipment placement.
- Index organized drawings for continued upkeep
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must be currently enrolledin a full time Bachelor's Degree program at an accredited university/college
- Must have completed at least one year of study at an accredited university/college prior to internship commencing
- Must be enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between June and September
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Kite sponsorship
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Rising Senior or Junior in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Biotechnology major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to generate, read and interpret drawings such as PFDs, P&IDs and electrical schematics
- Well-developed computer and technical writing skills
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles and concepts to improve process capability
- Previous experience or coursework with cell therapy products
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.