We power the world's most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people.
KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR Global's unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of nearly 3.8 million units valued at approximately $40 billion through our auctions in 2019. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in more than 80 countries.
Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, KAR Global has more than 12,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Europe.
Reporting to the Treasury Manager, this position will perform financial/treasury related duties, responsibilities, and analysis. The responsibilities will be heavily weighted towards the ADESA and ADESA Canada treasury related functions. Within this role, you will perform all duties assigned by the Treasury Manager, and must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times while ensuring that no company or customer information is inappropriately divulged to unauthorized parties.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assume the role of primary treasury contact for ADESA. Primary responsibility will be the daily cash management operations for ADESA and ADESA Canada including prior day reconciliation, cash reporting, and cash accounting. Also, will be processing ADESA payments and setting daily cash position, including overnight investment or borrowing from the credit facility. As necessary, will work with Treasury and ADESA Finance Operations on projects as assigned.
- Play a role in the global consolidation of KAR Global's Treasury Department to minimize borrowing and maximize interest income.
- Work on various projects and perform analysis as requested. A partial list of projects includes:
- Reduction of Cash Payments (Checks)
- Improvement of Cash Reporting
- Improvement of Working Capital
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest treasury management techniques and technology.
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
- Maintain professional relationships with current and prospective banking partners.
- Practice and always promote teamwork. Set a good personal example of professional attitude and performance.
- Ensure proper follow-through on directives, bulletins and schedules from the Corporate Treasurer and/or other auction and corporate sources. Complete, in a timely manner, all appropriate duties assigned by the Treasury Manager.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with the Finance Department and other department employees.
- Monitor all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
- Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately.
Educational Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required
- 1- 2 years' experience in finance or accounting with a concentration in treasury, cash management, and/or banking is preferred.
- A CTP credential is preferred.