WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services , including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit .CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects. DESCRIPTION As a part of our Construction Inspection Team, the Transportation Construction Inspector will help ensure the construction of highways and bridges is performed according to the plans and specifications. You will build and maintain relationships with the client managers. You will act as an agent of the client in dealing with contractors and vendors. You will be responsible to inspect contractor field activities and document the activities performed for the construction of highway and bridge projects primarily for PennDOT. Duties include enforcing contract requirements and daily documenting construction activities, processing payments and work orders.
- The majority of your day would be spent working in the field on a construction site.
- You will monitor contractor's activities and document performance on a Project Site Activity (PSA) report.
- You will use a tablet computer to enter documentation and for project references such as plans, specifications and construction standards.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to build the highway system in your area.
- You will need a High School Diploma or GED, a valid driver's license and personal transportation.
- You must meet PennDOT's Minimum Experience and Training requirements. Classification level is based on years of construction related experience and number of certifications obtained.
- 0-3 years related experience.
- 2 or more years of construction inspection activities is preferred. However, a Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering Degree or closely related engineering field may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering field may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- You will need basic computer skills to use a tablet computer to document the daily activities.
- English language skills, written and verbal, are required in this role.
- You will need to be able to traverse construction sites and be outdoors in various climates.
- Work hours vary from daylight to night work based on contractor operations. Overtime is often required.
- You will need the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- It would be a plus if you had the following certifications: NICET Highway Construction Level 2 or higher; PennDOT Concrete Field Technician; or NECEPT Bituminous Pavement Field Technician; and ECMS & CDS V3 experience.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.