About our Business
CBIZ CMF, a 100+ person national consulting practice, is the dedicated private equity advisory division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ). We are focused on providing private equity groups and their related portfolio companies with consulting services and solutions focused on (i) deal advisory; and (ii) performance management & improvement. Our team embraces a collaborative, client-centric approach to architecting and delivering on projects driven by ongoing transactions, transitions and transformations within our client base. We believe that the diverse perspectives of all our team members help to drive innovation and transformative results for our business. We are entrepreneurially minded and operate as a meritocracy, promoting and compensating team members based upon performance and potential.
Our clients are benefitted by additional scope and scale provided through CBIZ, which has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across North America, focused on providing top-level financial and employee focused professional services to organizations of all sizes.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
- 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
About the Role
Beginning with the recent acquisitions of CMF Associates and Laurus Transaction Advisors, CBIZ is building a preeminent national private equity focused advisory firm and we're looking for motivated and entrepreneurially minded transaction advisory professionals interested in advancing in their careers. Our service offering to private equity is broad and second to none and we're looking for experienced transaction advisory services professionals who want to be a part of a growing national practice that promotes and compensates on the basis of that individuals' ability and talent. Our team is comprised of experienced CPAs primarily from Big 4 backgrounds committed to serving middle-market private equity firms. If you like the fine details of mergers and acquisitions, consider CBIZ TAS. We are seeking an experienced professional to contribute to the continued growth and development of our client-centric firm. The travel expectations for this role ranges between 10-30%.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of applicable work experience including experience in one of the following (preferably with a Big 4 public accounting firm or other top ten national firm): financial audit, transaction advisory services, investment banking, financial consulting or other M&A experience.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the transaction advisory services practice of a Big 4 firm or other top ten national firm and at least 2 years in the role of Manager within a transaction advisory services practice.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of other MS Office applications, specifically PowerPoint.
- Master's degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Licensed CPA/equivalent certification
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced and unconventional work environment is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Possess an uncommon drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs