A professional level position that includes a variety of unique technical tasks under direct to moderate supervision. Responsible for researching, developing, maintaining, operating and processing transportation data systems. Responsible for routine, program level decision-making within their area of knowledge. Coordinates and consults with other staff. May train and direct intern throughout their employment period.
- Oversees and participates in traffic data collection, count device data monitoring, traffic count database management, and traffic count data analysis and dissemination
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the traffic count devices. Coordinate with manufacturers and subcontractor on traffic count device operation and maintenance and with ODOT/KYTC/INDOT and other stakeholders on data sharing and collection
- Trouble shoot data collection equipment
- Participates in other data collection, analysis, and dissemination activities
- Prepares files for model input, assists in the analysis of model outputs
- Participates in research, development and evaluation of highway and transit networks, traffic projections and other travel demand forecasting activities
- Assists in the development and evaluation of model scripts and programs
- Provides information and assistance to the assigned manager, other staff members and the general public
- Prepares documentation
- Acts as a back-up for other modeling staff
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Technology
- One or more years of work experience, with a focus on Traffic Signal and Data Collection
- Education beyond a Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for the one year of required experience
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with field data collection is required.
- Strong oral and written communication and coordination skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively lead a project planning team with internal and external members.
- Basic understanding in applying statistical and graphic procedures to analyze and present data. Must be able to draw meaningful conclusions from statistical relationships
- Basic to advanced understanding of transportation data collection
- Proficiency in computer spreadsheets, geographic information systems, and computer programming. Knowledge of database applications and computer programming is desirable; familiarity with R, Python, Cube Voyager, and Java is preferred.
Valid driving license and ability to operate a motor vehicle. Will be required to lift up to 60 pounds.ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
Works both inside and outside the office setting. Fieldwork required collecting traffic data. Periodic meetings with office staff. Periodic attendance at meetings outside the OKI office.
Qualified and interested candidates please apply today