Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
The role of the Testing Coordinator is to help ensure 100% of students are able to perform to the best of their ability in an environment that is conducive to testing. Through the work of the testing coordinator, teachers and leaders can feel confident in the data driven decisions that are making for all students at IDEA Public Schools. Ensuring that 100% of students get the appropriate test, accommodations and testing environment will help us achieve the goal of our mission of 100% of students to and through college. When this work is executed successfully, the leadership team can focus on the social emotional support of students and family engagement work
100% of students have high quality testing environments to be able to perform to their best ability
- 100% of testing bins are prepared 72 hours in advance of the testing date. This includes small group testing and supplemental materials are prepared and available
- Testing coordinator reviews all bin contents with teachers 2 days prior to the testing date
- TC audits special pops testing materials with the special pops coordinator prior to the testing date (SPED, ELL, 504, RTI)
- TC manages the state testing materials following district guidelines and is responsible to check state materials in and out from the district
- TC ensures that 100% of state testing answer documents are audited and correct before return to the district
- TC is responsible to coordinate with campus IT to prepare computers when online testing is the format for delivery
- TC will write the campus testing plans for each assessment for review from their manager
- 100% of special population documentation is complete and available for review at any time of the year
- TC is responsible to ensure 100% of ELL red folders are up to date and compliant with all district requirements
- TC will prepare all documents, data and coordinate the staff that need to be present for the BOY, MOY and EOY LPAC meeting
- TC ensures 100% of teachers and leaders have access to all assessment systems required to analyze student data
- TC will train and support the use of assessment systems at the campus
- TC will monitor the scanning of assessments to ensure the campus meets the 95% multiple choice components scanned within 24 hours of testing
- TC will track and monitor testing to ensure 100% of eligible students complete all applicable assessments
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: Educational testing experience preferred
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Ability to problem solve in the moment
- Open to feedback to improve work
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $16.00 and $20.00 per hour and is commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at .