Territory Sales Manager - Home Construction Building Materials
Southern USA Region
Seeking a Territory Sales Manager for an established and growing Home Building Construction Supply Company. This Sales Manager will be responsible for making sales calls on builders and in working with the Sales Manager on strategy for the territory.
- The primary focus will be on sales growth.
- Work with the Sales Managers on strategy for territory; i.e. budget, which builders to target for membership, etc.
- Work directly with sales teams to develop sales strategies.
- Make sales calls on builders
- Work through the onboarding process with Builders to get the conversions completed
- Responsible for setting up and running product reviews for members with the vendors, design center and/or model home product change outs, product training has been completed, contacts have been shared, service platforms have been agreed to.
- Attend training as required either online or in person
- Participate plan and attend company and vendor events
- Be the primary conduit between the member and the vendor
- Help facilitate any conflict resolution needed between members and vendors
- Assist with product and distribution decisions
- Generate new customers and new sales
- Creating and maintaining a database of prospect clients
- Continue to build current customer relationships
- Manages expenses and effective time & territory travel plan
- Ability to travel overnight and work a flexible schedule
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Successful sales history preferred with larger national home builder or national supply company with building material products for both single and multi-family applications with preferred experience in new construction
- 4 or more years of Building Materials sales experience required
- Sales Management life cycle experience
- Construction related sales experience required
- Home construction knowledge and experience a plus
- Must ability to work with others (must be able to leverage resources), must be a team player with strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint & Excel)
- Self-directed, highly organized, customer-focused, detail oriented, and competitive
To be considered for this Territory Manager position, please submit your current resume.