8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Manager is responsible for managing a team of associates through development; the oversight of support; the oversight of the team's strategic mission within IT; ensuring the team's collaboration throughout IT; and, ensuring positive interaction with all customers and external partners. The position requires strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and managerial skills. The Manager is responsible for implementing the mission of their team and influencing the strategic vision and goals of their team through the successful work of their team members. The Manager is responsible for the support of all systems within their team's area of responsibility. This includes ensuring that the team is focused on strong customer service, collaborating to successfully resolve conflict with a win-win resolution and that the team's efforts consistently meet CarMax® business requirements, direction, and standards.
* Responsible for interviewing, selecting and training associates
* Must effectively resolve associate matters
* Responsible for day-to-day tactical team decisions
* Required to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
* Accountable for team's use and adherence to the CarMax® methodology
* Create/maintain team staffing and scheduling, to include time tracking
* Demonstrated ability to schedule and execute hardware and software releases
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and assign tactical requests to the team
* Responsible for associate development to include providing courageous leadership, motivation to improve team dynamics, mentorship in order to assist the growth of team members and constructive feedback on associate's work
* Responsible for frequent associate File Reviews
* Effectively provide associate feedback through regular objective reviews and by writing and delivering Annual Performance Reviews
* Working with associates to collaboratively establish an Individual Development Plan and review them on a timely basis
* Track associate performance and provide them with appropriate feedback
* Leads team through obstacles and time constraints to overcome barriers and successfully deliver results
* Influences the work of others to drive department goals and initiatives to successful completion through effective team and project management, customer interaction and IT coordination
* Provides technical experience related to the position
* Ensures that support problems and errors are tracked to ensure appropriate future handling
* Lead incident reporting to include postmortems which involves prioritizing enhancements to reduce ongoing support; scheduling support rotations; ensuring that the ticket queues are appropriately managed; and assisting with critical outages at any time
Customer Interaction / Business Knowledge
* Act as the key liaison with the customer community and consistently builds positive relationships with customers and contacts in supported business areas
* Interact with the customer including understanding of requirements and proposed solutions
* Must courageously influence the processes and barriers to projects in order to best represent the customers' requirements and needs
* Must continually seeks opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen client relations
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Demonstrated leadership skills - can apply clear direction and priorities to the team
* Demonstrated ability to provide vision - into the big picture
* Serves as a role model and leads by example
* Inspire and motivate the team
* Implement new policies and procedures effectively
* Promotes a customer focused team
* Promotes associate responsibility through work ownership and engagement
* Can effectively address tough issues in a timely manner
* Is results focused and has demonstrated a consistent ability to deliver solutions on-time and with high quality
* Proven project management skills with proven ability in leading medium to large sized project teams (often multiple projects simultaneously)
Tech Environment - Enterprise Data Warehouse
* Accountable for the delivery of all projects, programs and tactics covering all aspects of EDW, reporting and analytics requirements.
* Collaborate with Product Owners, subject matter expert and senior managers to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where data insights can have big impacts.
* Strategically drives designs and implementations of data warehouse, data marts, and data stores, while ensuring high levels of data quality, availability and accessibility.
* Drives definition, development, and implementation of ETL principles, standards, and guidance to support business intelligence and application development needs.
* Hands-on managerial and project / program management experience.
* Ability to provide technical guidance in architecting and developing data solutions, which includes technologies such as Informatica, Python and other ETL technologies.
* Strong ability to provide vision for advancing the EDW infrastructure into big data architecture and cloud.
* Communicate and collaborate with the business users and customers in order to have their tasks addressed in a manner that builds positive customer relations. This collaboration can also include assessing alternative approaches with recommendations to senior IT management and chairing cross team meetings to ensure that all teams have the appropriate opportunity to influence the outcome.
* Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Influence and communicate effectively with IT management
* Presents thoughts and ideas in an organized manner
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.