Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Thermal Simulation Technician to join our Building and Construction team in Fridley, Minnesota.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
A Simulation Technician utilizes computer programs to model the heat flow through building components. These programs are useful tools for predicting heat loss through a product as well as surface temperatures for condensation evaluations. As a Simulator, you will work closely with our clients and will be responsible for client interaction and report submittals.
- Computer modeling of fenestration products
- Perform thermal simulations using THERM and WINDOW computer software
- Prepare accurate reports for assigned projects
- Special projects as assigned
- Basic experience with Auto CAD
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical aptitude
- Must be detail oriented
- Good verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Associates Degree in a technical field
- Ability to understand local, state, national and international regulations as they relate to assigned projects is a plus
- Working knowledge of heat transfer, architectural drawings and window systems is a plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM