Title: Support Engineer
Location: Redmond, WA(Post Covid Onsite)
It's your chance to:
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
- Lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Success in this role requires a commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and demonstrated leadership skills.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, or the equivalent industry experience and certifications.
- Candidates should have five years or more experience in the design, planning, implementation and management of IT solutions.
- Previous experience deploying, administrating and/or supporting Enterprise Unified Communications solutions that include VoIP, IM, real-time communications, UM, such as OCS/Lync/Skype for Business, Jabber, Exchange, or Cisco WebEX is highly desired but not required.
- Alternatively, candidates will be considered who have proven knowledge and experience with the deployment of supporting technologies, such as: networking, Directory Services, SQL, and/or Exchange.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP and Unified Communications.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting, organization, communication, and collaboration.
- Strong network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as Routing & Switching Protocols, TCP/, DNS, QoS, SIP, VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies is ideal.
- Initiative to develop expertise on new technologies beyond the provided classroom training.
- Candidates with strong and lengthy experience in supporting complex, enterprise solutions and networking operating systems (preferably Windows Server, but not limited to) for 3 years or more will be considered even when the above qualifications may not all be present.
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Desired background in VoIP, PSTN converged voice and data IP communications packages, VoIP Hosted PBX, SIP trunks, all-in-one voice and video web conferencing, network monitoring and diagnosis.
- Programming and debugging skills are a plus but not required. The ability to read and analyze network traces is ideal.