Position: Technical Solutions Architect
Job Description: Arrow is seeking a highly qualified Solutions Architect to support our IBM RedHat client base in the Americas region. This role will provide technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities. This person will assist in the discovery, analysis, design, demonstration, and refinement of technology solutions. There is a technical emphasis on IBM RedHat software, Software/SaaS offerings including Cloud, Hybrid, Local and Virtualized architectures and assisting customers with ArrowSphere enablement. The successful candidate will develop general knowledge across all IT areas and may also assist in responding to customer requests and proposals as required.
What You ll Be Doing
- Support training and installation of RedHat Linux and OpenShift for all IBM Cloud Pak offerings.
- Support training and installation of RedHat Linux and Ansible.
- Establish relationships with the Arrow Supplier teams, partners and customers in support of joint Sales, Marketing and Services team objectives and engages and leverages resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Leverages knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively consult with customers.
- Train account teams on provisioning of simple materials lists and the use of ArrowSphere when applicable.
- Executes technical sales calls as lead or team member depending on the situation.
- Configures and documents hardware, software, Cloud and service solutions to enable partner/customer needs and supplier objectives.
- Completes required presales documentation quickly, accurately, and completely.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- May perform a support role in Sales, Marketing and Services leadership meetings.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed supplier Technology solution and business case to partners, customers, prospects and Arrow management.
- Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of job associated hardware, software, virtual & cloud technologies and applications.
- 4 year degree with 5 years of related experience preferred
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience of IBM RedHat Software/SaaS principles including current industry certification(s)
- Certification(s) in Cloud technologies (IBM Cloud preferred)
- Certification(s) or experience in OSX, Windows and Linux operating systems (RedHat preferred)
- Certification(s) or experience in virtualization technologies including containers
- Certification(s) or experience in scripting or programming language(s)
- Ability to present effectively in front of groups
- Ability to leverage social media
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Location: US-CO-Denver, Colorado (Panorama Arrow Building)
Time Type: Full time
Job Category: Sales
Associated topics: .net, application architect, architecture, backend, c#, design pattern, devops, senior software developer, senior software engineer, software architect