At Orica, it's the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It's an exciting time to join us - we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role - 12280 - Mining Technical Services Engineer
Up to 50% travel within the Territory/Area to include, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arkansas with very limited travel beyond this area for training and meetings
- Work closely with key potential clients to create opportunities for Orica with emphasis on differentiated products and service applications utilizing knowledge of Orica technology capabilities as well as broad knowledge of explosives and blasting applications in the, mining, quarry and construction industries, and provide ongoing technical support including implementation support
- Provide technical support to research and development, marketing, technical service, and Safety, Health, Environmental and Security (SHES) functions.
- Assist Business Teams in pre-bid evaluation of customers and potential for opportunities.
- Train and develop Orica local business unit personnel and participate as a trainer at Orica Technical Training Courses as requested
- Showcase Orica and client successes by co-authoring papers and presentations at professional meetings.
- Promote concept of Electronic Blasting Systems (EBS) and technical solutions approach to the business and customers
- Ensure Orica, industrial, and regulatory explosive handlers are well trained and aware of best practices.
- Demonstrate SHES leadership through regular contact with Orica SHES personnel and Federal regulatory personnel as needed.
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is desired.
- At least 5 years of experience working on bench in a blasting environment.
- Must meet requirements of all state and federal explosive laws and qualify as an ATF explosives possessor.
Experience must include:
- Performing mining engineering activities related to explosives, initiation systems, and their application in blasting solutions for Construction, Quarries, Open Pit and Underground Mines.
- Mining/Explosives product sales experience, including experience with customers, blasters, engineering staff, and operations staff.
- Identifying client needs and developing solutions based on operational abilities and budgetary requirements.
- Familiarity and experience with computer-based data acquisition tools (eg Boretrak, laser profiling, 3G Photogrammetry) as well as basic computer skills such as file handling and the use of Microsoft Office programs.
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- $75,000 - $80,000
- 10% Annual Bonus
- Company Vehicle
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical/Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Employee/Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Accident Plans
- Voluntary Identity Theft Protection
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Two Floating Holidays
Orica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are a Drug-free workplace.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone's contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
We have been made aware that some individuals have received scam emails which include false and invalid offers of employment from Orica. Please note that Orica will not offer employment to any candidate without first undertaking a formal application and recruitment process. All candidates are required to actively participate in the recruitment process applicable to the specific role and location where the role is based, prior to any offer of employment being made.