Peraton is looking for a Technical Program Manager to work in our Bakersfield, CA office. The ideal candidate shall be responsible for managing all Peraton personnel (exempt, non-exempt) assigned to the Eastern Western Range Operational Communications Services (EWOCS) Contract in compliance with Peraton Policies and Procedures, Collective Bargaining Agreements, and California and Florida labor laws. The largest component of the Peraton EWOCS workshare is MDA related work at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), hence the reason for the job title. However, it is anticipated that other Peraton personnel (exempt, non-exempt) will be assigned to non-MDA related work at VAFB and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) to meet workshare agreements. The EWOCS MDA PWS requires that this position or designated alternate be available during normal duty hours within sixty minutes of notification to meet on the installation with Government personnel designated by the Deputy PM and ACO to discuss problem areas and after normal duty hours, the position or designated alternate shall be available within two (2) hours of notification. It also requires that the position act as direct interface to Government for all MDA related contract matters related to the daily operation of this contract
The position is ultimately responsible for the successful execution of all Peraton activities (MDA being the largest) and timely delivery of associated contract deliverables. Position will coordinate a formal Peraton response to all potential contract changes associated with the Single Award IDIQ Contract, including but not limited to pricing, personnel recruitment, technical writing and providing basis of estimates.
* Act as direct interface to the EWOCS AFPM or designee for all MDA related contract matters
* Provide broad technical guidance and direction to lower level personnel and ensure that all EWOCS Contract requirements for which Peraton is responsible (MDA and non-MDA) are met
* Attend all EWOCS MDA related technical interchange meetings
* Review various technical documents and formal briefings prior to the delivery to the Government and/or contract partners
* Ensure that Peraton workshare (MDA and non-MDA) is sustained at the agreed upon percentage through the life of the contract
* Resolve issues and/or team conflicts
* Lead efforts to identify innovations or improvements to quality or on-time delivery processes for the benefit of the government
* Provide status reports to the prime contractor, government customers and senior management, as required
* Develop and monitor performance metrics related to schedule, budget and delivery objectives
* Develop and implement recovery plans, as required
* Review financial matters including authorization for purchase or lease requests, requisitions, salary adjustments, and travel
* You have a Bachelor of Science Degree or 10 years of related experience in a science or engineering field
* You've spent 2-5 years working as a Program Manager or Operations, Maintenance or Engineering Supervisor at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), CA
* You are proficient with the entire Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
* An active Secret clearance.
* Have work experience supporting the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) at VAFB, CA on the interim Range Operations Services (iROS) or MDA Test, Operations, Communications (MTOC) Contracts
* Are comfortable leading a workforce of 20 to 30 employees at geographically dispersed locations
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.