The Technical Business Analyst acts as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization, facilitating technical solutions to meet the needs of the credit processing business. Helps formulate and define requirements through research and analysis of the functional business and technical systems. Works with the development team to devise and document resourceful technical solutions to business problems and communicate them clearly. The ideal candidate should be tech-savvy as well as comfortable refining and clarifying business objectives. Must be an energetic self-starter and maintain the dynamic pace of the EVO Application Development environment.
- Gather, document, and relay business requirements
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications
- Prepare and maintain useful business and technical documentation
- Assist in the development of project plans for software initiatives
- Analyze existing system logic difficulties and update specs as necessary.
- Be willing to understand business needs and help devise resourceful backend data solutions
- Participate in the SDLC process to deliver accurate and high-quality software
- Work with one or more Agile Scrum teams
- Contribute to the overall understanding of any product/feature design and architecture
- Assist in ongoing troubleshooting, maintenance and production support of existing application programs.
- Facilitate user acceptance and quality assurance testing.
- Learn new technologies and business processes as required.
- Proficiency gathering, documenting, and relaying business requirements
- 5-8 years of related analytical experience in a software development environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field and/or previous related work experience.
- Knowledge of standard software development concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Good communication skills. Able to clarify complex ideas in tools such as Word, Excel and Visio
- Skilled at preparing detailed functional and technical specifications
- Collaborates with business partners to develop acceptance criteria to ensure solutions meet the business needs
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology
- Should be generally familiar with how web applications interact with back-office services and databases
- Develops, with experience, a strong intuition of various system component interactions
- Familiarity with SQL data and reporting is preferred
- Previous development or QA experience is a plus
- Previous experience with SDLC tracking tools such as Microsoft TFS/DevOps preferred
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, but with a team focus, in an Agile environment
- Ability to establish priorities, work collaboratively and meet objectives.
- Payment or financial industry experience is a plus
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee assigned to this position.
EVO Payments International is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preferences, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law.