At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
What the Technology Cash/Banking team does?
The Technology Cash/Banking team is responsible for supporting firm critical programs as well as improve numerous existing Cash & Banking systems. These systems are custom-built and vendor-supported applications, used daily by our home office associates, 12,000 branch teams and clients to move cash into and out of our client's accounts. We're seeking an exceptionally talented person to innovate and collaborate with our team to generate creative ideas that will continue taking these applications to the next level.
What You'll do?
?Design - Perform analyst role in design, code, test, debug, and maintain of programs
?Develop ? Modify and develop complex information systems involving most phases of systems analysis and programming
?Adapt ? Shift work between different environments and multitask
?Implement ? Analyze, design, code and document programs and enhancements
?Test ? Conduct code walkthroughs to ensure programs meet the specified quality standards
?Plan ? Assist with defining and meeting business requirements, preparing detailed software specifications, and providing program or system level estimates
?Monitor ? Provide system support, including on-call pager rotation
?Mentor ? Provide guidance, training and mentorship on the business impact of the systems supported, technical systems design, development of best practices, and IS processes and tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, etc. preferred or equivalent experience in information systems
- Seven years of experience in software development and support applications in Web environment
- 8+ years of technical leadership and design on complex applications
- Minimum of seven years Java development
- Expertise in open systems development using Java, J2EE, and Weblogic are required
- Experience with Mainframe applications and Cobol is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System, Java Script, Linux scripting, Perl Scripting, React, Visual Basic, .Net, RPM packaging, React, and/or C would be a plus, as well as any knowledge of Oracle or DB2 database
- Knowledge of financial services industry preferred
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor, as required
- For the 19th year, Edward Jones was named one of the ?100 Best Companies to Work For®? by FORTUNE magazine in its annual listing. The firm ranked No. 5 overall. These 19 FORTUNE rankings include top 10 finishes for 15 years, top 5 rankings for eight years and consecutive No. 1 rankings in 2002 and 2003.
From FORTUNE Magazine, February 15, 2018 © 2018 Time Inc. Used under license. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products or services of Edward Jones.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: