Location: Rockland, MA
# of Openings: 1
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Technical Analyst will be responsible for analyzing features or modifications requested by both Kelmar customers and internal users, then creating requirements to develop these changes. The Technical Analyst will closely collaborate with senior software developers, application power users, and project managers on multiple projects and applications simultaneously. This position is located in Kelmar's Wakefield or Rockland, MA offices or via remote work.
- Collaborating with members of the development teams to understand the technical principles of three software applications
- Collaborating with members of the business team to understand the business principles of the software applications
- Communicating with key stakeholders to understand their business rules and requirements, including:
- Participation in calls or visiting client offices as needed to gather requirements
- Maintaining contact with stakeholders as needed throughout development and testing
- Translating client requests for features or modifications into detailed and actionable software requirements
- Testing new features or modifications prior to implementation
- Providing status reports to involved parties
- As needed, participation in software development planning meetings and other discussions with business or technical team members
- Must have 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a related field
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Solid understanding of how relational database systems store and retrieve data, and the ability to read SQL code
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- Basic understanding of auditing practices
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced software development environment
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Excellent technical writing skills and verbal communication skills
- Solid planning, time management, decision making, and organization skills
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs
- Must possess a high level of organization and be able to multi-task and prioritize work assignments effectively
- Travel up to 10% of the time to client sites for kick-off meetings and discovery visits
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship now and in the future
About Kelmar Associates:
Kelmar is a leading provider of cloud based unclaimed property solutions. Our solution is a modern web application providing a full range of processing, workflow and management for state unclaimed property departments. You will be working with our teams located across the country as you contribute to the creation and implementation of a cloud-hosted system for multiple clients. We're growing fast, and looking for enthusiastic team members!
The rewards for this position are many. We offer a great working environment that provides for work/life balance and an excellent compensation and benefits package, including tuition reimbursement. Kelmar provides training and the opportunity for career advancement. Apply now to join our growing team.
Kelmar Associates is an equal opportunity employer.