Line of Service: Tax
Specialty/Competency: Domestic Tax Compliance
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Tax Acceleration Centre is the natural extension of PwC's leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in support for client engagements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
PwC Legal Business Solutions is a strategic cross-functional team of highly skilled legal domain and technology consulting experts focused on services for the Chief Legal Officer / General Counsel for our corporate clients. With the goal to help optimize the legal function and move the function from being viewed as a cost center up the value chain, we seek to be a trusted advisor for the strategy and operations that extend throughout the law department.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA and/or Admission to the Bar
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding of key terms/provisions of various contracts and legal documents, with a particular focus on financial products (e.g., bonds, swaps, options, futures, etc.) preferred;
- Participating in contract lifecycle management (CLM) platform administration and maintenance of data integrity of CLM platforms;
- Assisting with implementation of automating legal function operations through various technology enabled platforms (e.g., Apttus, DocuSign, Exari, ServiceNow, etc.);
- Preparing and filing various federal, state, and local filing requirements (e.g., UCC financing statements);
- Developing and creating of client reporting and maintenance of internal process and procedure documents;
- Assisting project team in designing optimized process maps, workflows, and gap analysis for various workstreams in legal departments;
- Interacting with internal and external business partners and providing subject matter expertise for contracts administration related issues; and,
- Possessing analytical, organizational, research, and interpersonal communication skills with attention to detail.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Drafting and ownership of creation process of financial product contracts;
- Working with and optimizing Contract Lifecycle Management tools;
- Assisting with implementation and operation of legal technology;
- Identifying and addressing client needs; and,
- Preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.