Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team to support classified projects based in Herndon, VA with some travel. As part of the systems engineering team you will help integration, test, delivery, and support phases of multiple inter-related contracts that transform customers' enterprise-wide, globally deployed, data storage and dissemination services.
* Support Systems Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Peraton's solutions and services.
* Develop internal documentation such as architectural system block diagrams, recommended components, vendors and technical solutions.
* Help determine shortfalls, help develop training plans, drive process improvement, provide technical guidance to achieve programmatic goals.
* Develop SOPs and train team members accordingly.
* Provide quality assurance of all program deliverables the Systems Engineering team is responsible for as per contractual and team requirements. Includes technical requirements derivation, CONOPs recommendations, architectural system diagrams, system technical specifications, configuration and operation guides, system sparing plans, deployment plans, detailed system and component drawings, logistical system details and field deployment reports.
* Help plan, resource, and schedule fielding activities to include sub-contractor and vendor coordination and logistical pre-deployment shipments
* Help prepare in-brief/out-brief presentation, prepare and submit daily reports, resolve ad hoc deployment issues, develop punch-lists and resolution plans
* Support site installs
* Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
* Knowledgeable of systems engineering life cycle including requirements analysis and documentation, specification development,concept of operations development, and interface control document development
* Must have an active/current TS/SCI level clearance
* Two or more years of relevant experience with hardware/software testing and requirement verification
* Experience with Linux/Windows operating systems
THIS POSITION REQUIRES 10% TRAVEL
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.