Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership genes? Raytheon Intelligence and Space is the right place for you. We are the leading group for the creation of advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space. You might have seen on the web many beautiful images of the Earth, down to fine detail, and you might have been amazed by the discoveries coming back from deep space missions. Behind many of those amazing results are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon. We are looking for the next generation of leaders who will shape the future of space exploration, human spaceflight, and national defense. We are looking for you.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer II who wants to experience of all elements of the space mission design process including system-level trades, requirements development, spacecraft design, performance assessment, integration and test, verification, and validation. The job responsibilities may include Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is desired: VIS-IR Detector Imaging, Opto Mechanics, Electronics, Firmware, Software, Algorithm development, and Environmental Testing. Your vital contribution will help us to deliver excellence to our customers.
This position will interface with the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer and other stake holders to ensure program objectives are achieved. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
- 2+ years engineering experience
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
- Experience with Requirement Management tools such as IBM Rational DOORs
- Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering tools (such as IBM Rational, Magic Draw, or Vitec CORE) for developing architectures and functional analysis
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to carry out design of spacecraft subsystems
- Experience with SEIT tools such as STK, MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Experience with Hyperspectral or VIS-IR Detector Imaging
- Experience with CAD tools such as CREO
- Experience with Software Development
- Experience with Firmware Development
- Experience with Opto-Mechanics
- Familiarity with Earth, target, and regional coverage; producing access reports and performing Monte Carlo analysis of constellations with sensor physics in the loop
- Familiarity with mission geometry, relative satellite motion, and analyzing viewing and lighting conditions
- Familiarity with mission operations and CONOPS
- Familiarity with Integration and Test of Space Hardware
- Knowledge of space radiation environment and orbital debris environment
- Knowledge of EO/IR payload design
- Knowledge of ground segment, antenna services, and data distribution
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
Bachelor's of Science (B.S.) degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related STEM discipline.
*U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems*
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.