Systems Engineer I - G06 - Aurora, CO
.*Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!*
The Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) site in Aurora, Colorado has many exciting programs currently under development in the Space and C2 Systems Product Line. The Systems Engineering and Integration Test (SEIT) organization support these programs with the generation of concept development, trade studies, systems requirements analysis, systems architecture development, systems integration, and requirements verification. The Aurora SEIT team is responsible for full life cycle engineering for government applications which are primarily on classified programs that support the intelligence community. Capabilities include ground systems for GEOINT and SIGINT systems, large-scale data processing and exploitation storage architectures and high performance data handling and processing systems. Additionally, Space & C2 Systems provides expertise in large-scale systems development, integration and deployment of high performance SIGINT and GEOINT systems, missions and resource management, information management, visualization, knowledge discovery and advanced analytics.
This position is for an entry level Systems Engineer with the technical and communication skills needed to support ongoing and emerging programs in our Aurora, CO office. The candidate will support requirement analysis and hierarchical decomposition, development of system architecture and assist in the planning and coordination of system delivery to customer/user site.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Follow a structured data driven approach to solve problems.
- Contribute to the completion of project/program milestones under the general guidance of the immediate supervisor and team leads.
- Correction and update of documents, contribute to presentations, support design reviews, support customer requests for information and recommend appropriate configuration, equipment and software changes to satisfy requests and system integration and test support.
- Candidates must be professional, self-starters and possess a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn program/organizational processes and procedures and be willing to recommend improvements to both.
- Comprehends and can utilize the Systems Development Process through system design, integration and testing
- Completed software development coursework and can apply basic concepts
- Completed and thoroughly understands coursework in basic systems engineering/systems architecture design theory & process, requirements analysis development, tractability and verification
- Experience in Windows and/or Linux
- Experience with Java skill set
Security Clearance - As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the TS/SCI Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded. Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a government TS/SCI security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Previous Engineering project and/or internship experience
- Exposure to integration of software and hardware subsystems
- Exposure to Aerospace platforms/systems
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate status and results
- Ability to develop solutions to routine technical problems
- Ability to research and distill data into meaningful information
- Experience using MS Office Suite of tools
- Coursework on technical writing, modern application architectures or methodologies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Bachelor's degree obtained by Spring 2021 or within 18 months prior to start date.
- Majors in Systems/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related STEM field will be considered for this role.
- Please include your transcript with your resume.
- A Master's degree candidate can be considered at the G06 level if their skills and experiences do not align with G07.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.