Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
This Systems Engineer will provide "Dashboard" data analytics using database information from multiple sources. Solutions are prototyped for the local customer, but are general enough to be adapted to enterprise level as needed. The person will be working within the customer's Hawaii Systems Engineering team for Data Analytics, ensuring integration activities comply with enterprise architecture objectives and user requirements. This task will be supported with TDY entitlements.
- Candidate will be responsible for validating System Administrative, Data Transfer, Data Formatting and Database requirements as well as creating, fielding and maintaining systems and databases for Hawaii, and the Enterprise.
- Candidate will be supporting Systems Engineering, Systems Administration, software programming, database development, and protection of PII information responsibilities/activities.
- Candidate will support design and development of front-end and back-end web applications. Candidate will ensure the system and database can support data analytics and ingest of cloud analytics. The Candidate will perform database administration, and server administration in support of characterizing the enterprise IT baseline and assisting with enterprise configuration management, workspace planning, and outage planning.
- Candidate will be responsible for demonstrating capabilities to potential customers, soliciting requirements supporting rapid prototyping, acquiring necessary data sources, integrating new data sources into the database and application, iterate, automate, and scale capabilities to other customers.
- Candidate will be responsible for building packages to extract, transform, and load data sets consumed from cloud analytics, REST API's, and database connections. Perform data analysis to improve correlation between disparate data sets. Support developer who create analytics to improve outage impact assessments.
- Candidates will be responsible for answering crucial data calls from key decision makers by mining many current data sources, filtering data, creating pivot tables, and summarizing results.
- Candidate will be responsible for exploring and acquiring new data sources.
- Candidate will be responsible for conducting data mining, normalization, and analysis.
- Candidate will be responsible for conducting research and analysis on:
Prospective Data Sources
• Data Quality
• Processes and Audits
• Problem Resolution
- Perform systems and database testing
- Communicate with customers using storyboards/mock-ups to gather requirements
- Maintain data model and systems interface documentation.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Programming and software development life cycle experience (e.g., requirements gathering, software design, test, deployment)
- Demonstrated ability to perform system administration, programming and database development duties.
- Demonstrated ability to perform optimization of system operations and resource utilization, system capacity analysis / planning, and perform system Configuration and Change Management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and customer needs.
- Ability to work independently and on a team consisting of other contractor and government personnel.
- Ability to bridge the gaps between customer requirements, operational needs, and true technical capabilities to ensure mission success.
- Demonstrated expertise at SE process development, documentation and deployment for complex systems.
- Demonstrated ability to document results and distribute information in a well-presented format.
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language, including C#, Java, or Python.
- Knowledge of software development and object-oriented programming concepts.
- Experience with SQL Server or another relational database.
- Experience with IC industry customer, architecture, processes and tools.
- Mission Systems Engineering entailing developing CONOPS, Functional requirements, workflows, use cases, and secure operational test matrices.
- Knowledge of system migration planning and understanding of Agile development methodology.
- Experience creating RESTful Services; web development (e.g., Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, JQuery BackboneJS…); Relational Database (e.g., SQL Server 2012 or later preferred)
- Working familiarity with the following COTS products: HP Service Manager, MS SharePoint
- Experience with ETL, SSIS, indexing
- Experience with making data available through microservices via APIs
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).