Location: WASHINGTON , DC , US
Date Posted: 2020-09-08
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer Associate to help support one of our Navy contracts in Washington, D.C.
- As part of a large Engineering Support Services (ESS) Team, the candidate will assist in planning, executing and closing out all facets of combat system ship integration for New Construction Ships on behalf of the Integrated Combat System Major Program Manager Directorate (PEO IWS 1.0) within Program Executive Office for Integrated Warfare Systems at the Washington Navy Yard.
- The individual will report to, and act on behalf of, the Principle Assistant Program Manager for Ship Integration and Test, and the New Construction Assistant Program Manager.
- They will provide design integration, installation, test, planning and logistic support from the advanced planning period through Post Delivery period and subsequent transition to in-service fleet at Obligating Limited Work Date (OLWD).
- The candidate will coordinate design, integration, installation and test of AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) and AEGIS Combat System.
- Assist PEO IWS 1SI and current ESS staff to track status and coordination preparation of Ship Integration and Test (SI&T) inputs to combat systems Technical Data Packages (TDP), Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), and Design Budget Engineering Team (DBET) packages for introduction and integration into new construction AEGIS destroyers.
- Interface with various Navy stakeholders which are responsible for or support the AEGIS New Construction shipbuilding program, including NAVSEA/PMS400D, Naval Surface Warfare Centers (primarily Port Hueneme Division and Dahlgren Division), NAVSEA 05, Combat Systems Engineering Development Site (CSEDS), other Navy systems commands, relevant Participating Program Acquisition Managers, Lead Yard Services, shipbuilders, Combat Systems Engineering Agent (CSEA), and equipment manufacturers.
- Planning responsibilities include drafting Task Planning Sheets, reviewing work packages, updating, distributing and coordinating schedules, ensuring alignment with approved baseline design and planned design configuration upgrades, and facilitating technical interchange meeting.
- Execution responsibilities include supporting Technical Data Package reading sessions for forward fit combat system changes, analyzing space arrangements, Cable Block Diagrams, Cable Running Sheets, Electrical Power, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning, Outline and Installation Drawings for Installation Control Drawings and foundation impacts
- Close out responsibilities include conducting out briefs and reviewing availability completion reports, providing trial card response coordination and tracking for the resolution of shipboard discrepancies documented during builder's and acceptance trials, inspections and certifications and coordinating resolution during post-delivery period.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Bachelors and 0 years related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrates capability to understand combat systems and to articulate concepts, and risks verbally and in writing.
- Proficient at MS Office.
- Well organized and capable of compiling high quality minutes and action item lists, developing presentations, reviewing tech drawings and documents.
- Fundamental understanding of one or more of the following: U.S. Navy Structure, missions, and capabilities including familiarity with NAVSEA, PEO IWS, OPNAV and operational fleet.
- USN Combat systems experience related to shipboard maintenance, systems engineering or acquisition support (preferably with AEGIS Weapon System).
- Two years of experience supporting Navy surface ship availability planning in a program office, shipyard or planning yard or maintaining shipboard combat/weapons systems.
- Extensive experience building PowerPoint briefs for senior officers, hosting large meetings and conferences.