The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting assigned division within Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) in Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
The Senior Systems Engineer plays a key role in Enterprise Architecture team with primary focus on the assigned portfolio. He/She will work closely with Chief Engineer on the program and assist in development of system engineering documentation for the portfolio applications, such as System requirements, capabilities, and interface control documents, using Confluence and other collaboration and architecture tools. Also assists in development of agile methodology (SAFe, Scrum, Scrum of Scrums, Kanban, SecDevOps). This includes backlog structure and management, governance/change control, and other key processes leads the execution at the portfolio level.
Provide technical support for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex on-prem and cloud applications to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessments. Assist with operational, technical tool standardization, consistent CI/CD pipelines, and system and services views for architectures using applicable DHS/CBP set security standards.
- Serve as the Leidos principle IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of IT solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability.
- Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, and formal validation.
- Perform Requirements Analysis Engineering and other system engineering practices.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Maintain standards compliance
- Develops update, and maintain program of record documentation.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Monitor the installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- 8-10 years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to liaise with government, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Extensive understanding and experience programming and designing software using Java, J2EE, Angular, ReactJS, Spring MVC, JQuery, JSF, JSP, MyBatis, Hibernate, IBM MQ, Kafka, ELK, PLSQL, Oracle, WebLogic, Tomcat and AWS cloud services
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, GitLab, Jira, Nexus, Maven, OpenShift, SonarQube, Fortify, Junit, Karma, Selenium, Cyprus, Docker, Artifactory
- US Citizenship
- Possess a public trust level clearance.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Demonstrated experience developing models using Sparx EA, Splunk, MuleSoft, SalesForce
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows Server
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
- Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation
- Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
- Active CBP BI
- CBP experience
"External Referral Eligible"
CBPOITExternal Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework: Yes, 75% Clearance Level Required: Public Trust Travel: No Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.