CAPS®, the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation's largest 503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.
CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
The Systems Administrator position is a second-level support position with implementation and monitoring responsibilities. This person will be responsible for monitoring QA and production systems and providing implementation and support assistance. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of up-time possible with the equipment and systems used by CAPS. This critical position will be responsible for assuring that the operating systems, equipment, user environment are maintained at production levels at all times. By producing and supporting the CAPS production and QA environments, the CAPS organization can reliably process the millions of orders placed by customers each year with confidence and with minimal interruption. The Systems Administrator is responsible for providing CAPS IT and Operations with system built consistently and reliably. The person must be able troubleshoot and support the systems and user environment at a very high level. This person must be able to precisely write and follow internal Standard Operating Procedures. This person must perform advanced support for Windows and VMware environments
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Diligently follow Standard Operating Procedures for initial setup of equipment.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures and installation checklists for Windows and VMware vSphere and Horizion VDI environments.
- Build, prototype, test, QA, and rollout production systems that fit specifications.Rollout procedures and processes for new systems.
- Implement and use system monitoring tools, patch tools, and application management tools.
- Proactively plan and perform remote site visits to maintain, replace, and monitor systems. At least 25% travel will be required to implement and support CAPS pharmacies.
- Act as second-level support 24x365 and make sure that vacation hours are covered by other CAPS IT personnel.
- Act as first-level support for at least 1 week per month in support rotation, 24 hours per day.
- Closely monitor all critical systems
- Train other CAPS IT personnel with respect to systems architecture, support, monitoring, and fail-over procedures.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to install and configure VMware ESX Servers in iSCSI and FC SAN
- Ability to load and configure Windows 2008, 2012 Servers in a VMware environment.
- Ability to configure domain attributes using OU's. Manage user accounts and profiles.
- Ability to configure and update HP stand-alone and HP blade Servers.
- Ability to configure, test and deploy Windows 7/10 desktop environment to remote sites for use in office and production environments.
- Ability to clearly document designs using clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to monitor systems, and to assure that the proper systems maintenance contracts are up to date.
- Ability to document hardware issues, and make appropriate decisions about gaining rapid support.
- Ability to proactively plan for system upgrades based upon current environment and future requirements.
- Must be able to clearly and calmly communicate with remote Pharmacy staff (customers).
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English and be comfortable with the volume of documentation required.
- Must respond appropriately to criticality of system quality standards in pharmacy business.
- Ability to design, document, load and configure VMware server systems for deployment.
- Ability to develop, design, document, and deploy Windows 7/10 to remote locations.
- Ability to configure and use system monitoring tools that provide system availability, application availability, performance, and utilization.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- BS in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related engineering or science degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years experience with system design, configuration, implementation and deployment of Windows Servers, VMware Servers, Windows desktops, printers, and on-going system maintenance.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows administration and some networking knowledge
- VMware system administration training a plus
- VMware Horizon View administration training a plus
- Windows system administration training and certifications: MCP, MCSA (preferred), and MCSE
- Windows 7 administration training: MCTS (preferred)
- Knowledge of HP Blade Servers and HP server hardware a plus
Apply Here: SEE BELOW